I want to get Laff sent off

JOSH MAGENNIS has vowed to try and get pal Kyle Lafferty RED CARDED tomorrow.

The Aberdeen striker hopes he's let loose on Rangers at Pittodrie.

Magennis has a special plan for hot-headed Northern Ireland buddy Lafferty if he is.

He said: "I hope to see Kyle's MAD side on Sunday because he's quite easy to wind up.

"So I'll stand on his toes or something, get him riled up and hopefully he'll get sent off early."

Lafferty has admitted his two-year Gers career has been blighted by too many negative headlines.

If Dons' summer signing Magennis gets his way, there will be another one on Monday morning.

The ex-Cardiff frontman - also pally with Gers stars Steve Davis and Andrew Little - grinned: "One game Kyle's head will go and he'll get sent off, then other times he'll score a hat-trick."

Lafferty staked a strong claim for a starting slot with a stunning hat-trick in the midweek Co-op Cup rout of Dunfermline.

Gers gaffer Walter Smith is keen to see �£3.25million hitman Lafferty prove his critics wrong and become a Gers success.

He said: "Kyle knows himself that he needs to settle down a wee bit and he's trying. I hope he succeeds.

"He has been a wee bit misguided at times, but he wants to do well here and what he needs to improve is his level of consistency."

Striker James Beattie returns for Gers but Maurice Edu is a doubt with a knee injury. Nikica Jelavic missed training yesterday but should be fit.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3152824/I-want-to-get-Laff-sent-off.html#ixzz10VtcDgDK

What an outrageous statement to make. He's not the first and he won't be the last though. I'm so glad our players don't do the same. Pin it up on the dressing room wall please Walter.

If he knows Lafferty then it will be more than likely that Lafferty will try and get this cockroach sent off ;).

I wouldn't play Lafferty tomorrow. Aside from the fact that I don't think he's part of our strongest XI, he will be on a hiding to nothing. If he plays it will likely be on the left, where he might struggle to make an impact and Aberdeen contest these games like the world's fiercest derby. Their fans and their players will ensure a hostile atmosphere and Lafferty has got involved in daft incidents before.

Lafferty is currently coming off the back of a hat trick and the confidence he must have gained and good will earned from the support could be undone if he loses his cool tomorrow. Hold him back for a "safer" game.