valencia at home

4 points out of 6 so far is fantastic. the point at manure almost guarantees us a place in the europa cup, as it leaves the turks having to take something from the other two even if they beat us in their home game.

My question is this. Should walter employ a more attacking game plan against valencia instead of going for a point?

It would be of little use for us should we get it as it would leave us in much the same position but if we could get all three it would leave us in a great position to qualify for the last 16.

im not saying go out with all guns blazing but i genuinely believe that we are better than our manager gives us credit for at this level. we are better than defending on our own 18 yard box for 90 minutes. its not that we cant play better, we choose not to play for the most part.

the point at manu is going to be worth a lot more than the 400,000e wether we win lose or draw against valencia at home. we have nothing to lose by making a bit more effort when we play them.

and wed gain some credibility if we took them on.

Having not seen any of the two CL games,due to work reasons,I'm not really in a position to comment on performances/tactics as such,but from where I'm sitting we seem to being doing extremely well and if we can get another scrappy 1-0 against Valencia this would put four points between us and them,how good would that be?.If it's not broken,don't fix it.

I'd like to see a more attacking team but Valencia are a much better side than the Turks so I'd be happy enough with the same strategy which has served us well so far.

By no stretch of the imagination were we defensive against Bursaspor and we'll gain more credibility by gaining more points than losing them.

I would prefer to keep it tight against Valencia so we don't have any unforseen circumstances, e.g. Bursaspor picking up points. The more points the more cash ;), plus I don't want a home humbling like we saw three times last season. I'm all for attacking but now we are in a good position it would be best not to throw it away.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't. I want what's best for the club, don't really care what anyone else thinks, so I think we should keep it tight and try to get as many points as possible. Valencia are a quality side remember.

There's still good options in our squad to get forward a bit more with the full backs and maybe even playing someone like Weiss in the home game to give us something different.

Valencia are a quality side who have the ability to punish us for any small mistakes we make. I would love for us to be even a little more attack minded at Ibrox but against a team of such quality we have to stifle and stop them playing.

Valencia have flattered to deceive this season. We all see them topping la Liga and putting 4 past Bursaspor, but the truth is their main two tests have been UTD and A. Madrid. Neither game did they win.

They're a strong team, yes, but they are not as strong as I thought they were, and for that matter neither are Man Utd.

Surprisingly and against all the seeming odds, this is a group we are realistically capable of finishing 3rd in, and maybe even better with some luck.

Valencia have flattered to deceive this season. We all see them topping la Liga and putting 4 past Bursaspor, but the truth is their main two tests have been UTD and A. Madrid. Neither game did they win.

They're a strong team, yes, but they are not as strong as I thought they were, and for that matter neither are Man Utd.

Surprisingly and against all the seeming odds, this is a group we are realistically capable of finishing 3rd in, and maybe even better with some luck.

Good to be positive Danny. I really hope you are right.:thup: