McGregor to be handed one match ban

Exactly.

And while we're being clear about things, I think it's pretty plain what the bheasts are up to here: McGregor gets banned for the Motherwell game, Rangers appeal, appeal fails, McGregor banned for Rangers' next game against.....anyone guess?

It's not as if they don't have history, so I certainly wouldn't put it past the shits.

WS and co arent that stupid though Norris.... before making an appeal they will know what the consequences of a failed appeal would be.

Given we have an able deputy in Alexander I would expect that if a one game ban is handed out that the club will accept it grudgingly and play Alexander in the Motherwell game.

WS and co arent that stupid though Norris.... before making an appeal they will know what the consequences of a failed appeal would be.

You're right of course, but it looks like that could be what's being tried here. It's low enough for them.

And as I think I said before, WS is shrewd enough to use all this to create a motivational siege mentality for the benefit of the team.

What a great idea, punish your national teams goalie just before a key international match. Not the most confidence boosting thing to do and we know McGregor is a keeper who thrives on confidence.

In saying that, he does deserve to be reprimanded for it and could have been sent off during the game, which would have been worse

Utter nonsense again from the SPL / SFA or whoever. But this sort of thing doesnt surprise me, these guys attempting to run the game are laughable.

I suppose if any good comes of it, McGregor will be fresh for the trip to Parkhead as he would sit out the home game to Motherwell - alexander is more than capable for that match.

Played well tonight so didn't affect him.

Easily Scotland's best player. The save in the 2nd half where he tipped it round the post while almost smacking himself into the post was top class.

If there was ever a player who has won me over from having doubts as an average player to become someone I highly rate its McGregor. Alan Hutton would be high on that list but some of McGregors performances for club and country over the last 2 and half years have been consistantly excellent....(ok he has had the off field blip but so did Goram and Gascoigne).