McGregor to be handed one match ban

Was Stokes punished for the tackle on Hamill? We could go on but there is no consistency from the SPL

Stokes was booked at the time. I'm pretty sure the SFA can't take action if the referee booked a player during a match.

Here's the Suns take on it.

THE SFA could be set to hammer Allan McGregor - as national boss Craig Levein pleads for him to play through the pain for Scotland.

SunSport can reveal the Rangers star is being carpeted for aiming a kick at Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire - THIRTEEN days ago.

McGregor has been referred to Hampden's disciplinary committee after the incident in the 3-2 win at Pittodrie.

It's understood Gers are furious it has taken a fortnight for SFA bosses to act.

Astonishingly, Gregsy's case will be heard just hours before frantic gaffer Levein begs him to answer the nation's SOS.

Scotland are in the throes of a keeper crisis ahead of tonight's crunch Euro 2012 qualifier against the Czech Republic.

McGregor is struggling with a thigh injury but will be asked to start in Prague because established No1 Craig Gordon is nowhere near match-fit.

Earlier in the day, the SFA beaks will meet at Hampden to decide whether or not to punish the Ibrox keeper.

If found guilty the 28-year-old will be banned for next week's SPL clash with Motherwell.

McGregor is accused of deliberately aiming a kick at Dons star Maguire.

The matter was brought to the attention of new SFA chief Stewart Regan on Tuesday and he referred it to the disciplinary panel - a full TEN DAYS after the alleged flashpoint.

Rangers are raging McGregor could now be punished for what they regard as a 'nothing incident' which was not highlighted at the time.

Ibrox insiders also claim SFA officials have tried to keep the issue quiet.

A Gers source told SunSport: "It seems strange that this case has not been brought to public attention.

"Is that because Scotland badly need Allan to play against the Czech Republic?

"Usually it is known which players are due in front of the disciplinary committee. That's not been the case with Allan."

McGregor's understood to be stunned by the allegations facing him.

Both he and Gers must now sweat on the outcome of today's meeting.

GAv:

McGregor was daft and I, for one, am sick of his aggressiveness in such situations. Any time he goes for balls near opposition players he's up to something; he did something similar at Ibrox the other week.

Thus, once again, the point here is arguably not this challenge (surely a booking would be enough anyway?) but the imbalance; firstly with regard the media coverage and secondly the decision to act retrospectively.

GAv:

McGregor was daft and I, for one, am sick of his aggressiveness in such situations. Any time he goes for balls near opposition players he's up to something; he did something similar at Ibrox the other week.

Thus, once again, the point here is arguably not this challenge (surely a booking would be enough anyway?) but the imbalance; firstly with regard the media coverage and secondly the decision to act retrospectively.

I agree Frankie. I find it strange that it's taken so long for the SFA to act on this.

Maybe they've had enough of McGregor doing this. Remember he did something similar against Hibs at the start of the season too.

I can't help but wonder why Scott Brown got away with his kick on the Killie player though. That was just as blatant as McGregors.

A panel could be convened every Monday morning to review the weekend's games. I'm not talking about going over every single decision, just those unsavoury things that have gone on and were either missed by the ref or perhaps he's not seen them fully and only booked someone when they could have gone off.

Things like this, bad tackles (Black and Stokes) and blatant dives could be quickly dealt with. The only way you're going to cut these things out of the game is by banning players imo. But unless you do it quickly after an incident, it only adds to the feeling of resentment against officials and the sfa, not to mention fuelling the conspiracy stories.

McGregor is another one who should have learned by now, how many times is he going to go stupid stuff, I can't believe no-one on our management team hasn't spoken to him before about his carry on.

Goalkeepers have always done this and worse to be truthful. Who can remember the German keepers assault on the Dutch player in the World Cup a few years ago.

Let's be clear about this, if he was not a Rangers player, this would never have been highlighted.

It seem as though there's a story about us in the press everyday. All negative ranging from us being bigots and Nazi's to our keeper assaulting opposition players. Furthermore, fellow bears are able to ring off other incidents involving other teams that goes unpunished.

Let's be clear about this, if he was not a Rangers player, this would never have been highlighted.

Exactly.

And while we're being clear about things, I think it's pretty plain what the bheasts are up to here: McGregor gets banned for the Motherwell game, Rangers appeal, appeal fails, McGregor banned for Rangers' next game against.....anyone guess?

It's not as if they don't have history, so I certainly wouldn't put it past the shits.