Doesn't sound serious!

LEE McCULLOCH could be an injury doubt for Rangers whey they restart the SPL campaign against Motherwell on Saturday after coming off in Scotland's heart-breaking defeat to Spain.

The midfield star had to be substituted at half-time and was replaced by former Ranger Charlie Adam as a result of a groin problem.

He will now report to Murray Park for an assessment of the problem but his situation will be a worry to Walter Smith as Rangers have a massive week coming up with a Champions League clash against Valencia and the Old Firm derby following the Motherwell game.

Already Nikica Jelavic is ruled out for three months after ankle surgery last week in Croatia while James Beattie is still strugglng with a hip problem.

McCulloch said: "I missed the Hearts game two weeks ago because of this problem and then I was suspended for the Czech game last Friday.

"The manager asked me if I wanted to play and I thought I would be Ok. But I felt something in the first half. I don't think it's a pull but I will have to wait and see what happens."

McCulloch, like the rest of the Scots, were shattered to lose 3-2 to Spain to a late goal have mounted a terrific fightback after being two down.

He said: "We're all gutted, We put so much into the game and to get it back to 2-2 and then lose it was a real sickener."

Meanwhile, Vladimir Weiss's Slovakia had to come back to earn a 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland in Bratislava. Weiss played for 70 minutes before being replaced.

For a home match against Motherwell I'd be tempted to rest him as we should be able to re-jig things (no pun intended) in the midfield. He's been one of our most important players this season so the Valencia game should be more of a priority for us.

For a home match against Motherwell I'd be tempted to rest him as we should be able to re-jig things (no pun intended) in the midfield. He's been one of our most important players this season so the Valencia game should be more of a priority for us.

We have Edu as a direct replacement for Jig,lafferty to replace Jelavic

The size of the squad is very worrying. With International games, European games and the normal domestic fayre, injuries and tiredness will become vitally important.

WS should play some of the young players asap, give them some experience when he can choose the time and place, not when he is forced to play them.

How many of that other lot played in the Internationals last night?

Thats the internationals over for 11 months, so time to regroup for the remainder of the spl campaign,

miller and naismith were great last night for the 1st scotland goal and i hope they team up like that against celtic with a goal like that in the 90th min :):):)

miller and naismith were great last night for the 1st scotland goal and i hope they team up like that against celtic with a goal like that in the 90th min :):):)

Just so long as it isnt 2-0 to Celtic at the time :thup:

Thats the internationals over for 11 months, so time to regroup for the remainder of the spl campaign,

Not quite, there's this Celtic Nations Cup thing due to start in the spring along with, no doubt, several friendly matches.