Anyone else miss the days when it was about the football?

Another November, another Poppygate in the Scottish game. Well, Penaltygate could only stretch out for so long. As much as I am as disgusted as the next decent person about the latest antics of FC Oppressedââ?¬â?¢s supporters, with their most recent ââ?¬Å?politicalââ?¬Â banner unveiled at Torbett Towers on Saturday, Iââ?¬â?¢ve lost count of the number of weeks, season after season, that are now dominated by issues other than the football itself.

This is slightly hypocritical coming from myself, as someone who has written a letter or two in the past over things such as The Famine Song and, indeed, the Rememberance ââ?¬Ë?applauseââ?¬â?¢ at Falkirk last year. But I canââ?¬â?¢t think of any other season, even 2007/08, where the football has taken such a back seat, and weââ?¬â?¢re barely three months into the campaign. Our magnificent win at the Piggery last month was airbrushed away within hours and the actual football has had to sacrifice centre stage ever since. Of course it doesnââ?¬â?¢t help that our atrocious ââ?¬Ë?mediaââ?¬â?¢ is not only entirely complicit in the covering-up of the real bigotry in 21st century Scotland, but also responsible for stoking its fires. FFS weââ?¬â?¢re enough of a footballing backwater as it is, without their ââ?¬Ë?helpââ?¬â?¢.

The bheasts and their liberal-lefty pals are determined to politicise the poppy, which I�m not even going to rise to, because by the time I have they�ll have inevitably moved on (or stooped) to something else. Quite frankly the Poppy tit-for-tat is becoming pretty tiresome and repetitive. I�ll wear mine with the same understated respect I do every year, and if others choose to almost deliberately misunderstand its meaning then that�s their problem. And if the bheasts want to show themselves up for the ignorant, terrorist-sympathising vermin they are, that�s also fine. I�ll just follow the Rangers, thanks.

I find myself rebelling against the baggage that people foist upon football fans in this country. Which is all I want to be, a football fan.

First of all aye,I think we all would love to just concentrate on the football,and no doubt if the BHEASTS were winning titles and trophies that is exactly what they would be talking about,however because they are not they are pulling out the '' we are being cheated '' card,inferiority complex in my book, this plus the '' C****c minded '' manager they have now,BIGOT in my book, he is leading the crusade against all the evil that stops C****c winning and being the best, they are indeed finally exposing themselves to the rest of Britain, if not Europe, what exactly it is they and there rotten club stands for.

A wee bit of advice C****c, be carefull what you wish for.

WATP

An excellent bit of writing Norris.

Celtic fans started this 'whataboutery' campaign several years ago with TBB nonsense. It was inevitable that given their partial success there, they (and other fans) would look to copy it.

Thus, a media (struggling with ever-decreasing circulations) have grasped this nettle with both hands simply to keep the controversy cash-cow nice and fat.

It is indeed the press who seize on any opportunity to stir things up with regards to bigotry etc.

They are the ones who are "Scotlands' Shame" peddling hatred amongst the populace on a daily basis.

And now the actual football is taking a back seat whilst all the column inches are spent telling us thet everyone who runs the game is dishonest.

Should this continue, football will never be the same again as no-one will trust anyone else in the game.

I agree with your sentiments Norris football should be first, unfortunately this is Scottish football which regularly takes second place to Politics. But i must be honest in this instance i am really enjoying the Bheggars self inflicted pain, Shame FC have allowed their club to be become embroiled in Irish Republican politics and they are now paying the punishment for foolishly allowing this to happen. I was going to say blindly allowing themselves to become embroiled in Politics, but the Celtic Board have encouraged this Republican political rabble the Green Brigade, to fester and grow within their club. With the their full knowledge and cooperation, with their eyes wide open and watching with i have no doubt misplaced enthusiasm last Saturday, which deservedly has returned to bite the collective arses.

I agree with your sentiments Norris football should be first, unfortunately this is Scottish football which regularly takes second place to Politics. But i must be honest in this instance i am really enjoying the Bheggars self inflicted pain, Shame FC have allowed their club to be become embroiled in Irish Republican politics and they are now paying the punishment for foolishly allowing this to happen. I was going to say blindly allowing themselves to become embroiled in Politics, but the Celtic Board have encouraged this Republican political rabble the Green Brigade, to fester and grow within their club. With the their full knowledge and cooperation, with their eyes wide open and watching with i have no doubt misplaced enthusiasm last Saturday, which deservedly has returned to bite the collective arses.

Celtic FC was born out of Irish republican politics and its partnership with catholic paranoia. It hasn't become embroiled in anything new, it's always been steeped in the same shit. All that's happened recently is that the mask has slipped a little further.

Celtic FC was born out of Irish republican politics and its partnership with catholic paranoia. It hasn't become embroiled in anything new, it's always been steeped in the same shit. All that's happened recently is that the mask has slipped a little further.

Unfortunately 'we know their history' too well, the question has to be asked again though. Why have Celtic FC encouraged this resurgence of Republicanism within it's confines? Irish politics was or is enjoying a relatively quiet and peaceful period since the Good Friday Agreement. There is some dissident Republicans causing some problems and i firmly believe those dissidents are bringing their hatred and activities into Scotland through this Green Brigade. I have read some sections of the Green Brigade had some form of Real IRA protest and monetary collection outside Parkhead on Saturday, which if true raises some rather worrying Question. Why 'now' is Celtic FC aligning itself with the Politics of terrorism?

Unfortunately 'we know their history' too well, the question has to be asked again though. Why have Celtic FC encouraged this resurgence of Republicanism within it's confines? Irish politics was or is enjoying a relatively quiet and peaceful period since the Good Friday Agreement. There is some dissident Republicans causing some problems and i firmly believe those dissidents are bringing their hatred and activities into Scotland through this Green Brigade. I have read some sections of the Green Brigade had some form of Real IRA protest and monetary collection outside Parkhead on Saturday, which if true raises some rather worrying Question. Why 'now' is Celtic FC aligning itself with the Politics of terrorism?

There's nothing quiet about Irish republican politics, except perhaps in the British media. Don't be fooled by the apparent silence. And for fuxxake let's not encourage the pathetic doublespeak about "dissidents" - code for IRA terrorists who can't be called IRA terrorists because it would mean admitting the peace process has always just been a sham to mollify a gullible English audience. Again, Celtic has always had at its heart the bigoted dishonesty we're now seeing uncovered ..... it's nothing new, only more visible as confidence grows about their influence in our society.

The IRA songs were belted out at Tynecastle tonight, although i must admit so was the Billy Boys.

Celtic players diving at every opportunity. Ledley and Lennon rightly sent off and Samer-ass should have followed for another crunching takle. i wonder if the ginger whinger will be writing to the SFA to apologise for his and his teams behaviour.

I'm a bit tired of it too. I'm sick of going on a website to see a result and it's Referee's this and Septic fans banner's that. I'm actually beggining to think some of these issues are magnified to cover up just how poor the game in our country is these days. Surely there is some quality and skill in the SPL??? Why can't this be the focus of attention? It's kind of off putting and fast becoming boring for me...