As was said every businessman has a skeleton in the closet and just in case we forget the club are up for potentially dodging taxes so it has to be a case of cleaning up all our acts and starting from scratch.

Can anyone put up their hand and say they are squeaky clean and declared everything?

Plenty of rhags reporting Whyte as a tax dodger. Would post up links but I'm posting from the phone.

Dodging tax, if AVOIDING, is legal.

Only if he evaded tax would he be criminal.

I thought I read elsewhere that some of his companies went under and that those companies owed HMRC (the tax man) money. These things happen and it doesnt make it illegal if a company goes under whilst owing the tax man. Plus... if it were the companies that owed the tax man then it isnt, technically, him that owed the money.

Dodging the tax man is what we should ALL be doing if we are in a position to do so, so long as it is tax AVOIDANCE.

I thought I read elsewhere that some of his companies went under and that those companies owed HMRC (the tax man) money. These things happen and it doesnt make it illegal if a company goes under whilst owing the tax man. Plus... if it were the companies that owed the tax man then it isnt, technically, him that owed the money.

Dodging the tax man is what we should ALL be doing if we are in a position to do so, so long as it is tax AVOIDANCE.

One of the articles has him saying he has been cleared by HMRC. Other timmy rhags seem to be ignoring that point. Many self made millionaires haven't been whiter than White?

Timmy digging dirt me thinks.

Edit: he went self insolvent with one of his first companies.

Craig can you explain the difference between avoiding and evading to us financial simpletons.

Craig can you explain the difference between avoiding and evading to us financial simpletons.

Of course we all want to know his plans for the club,where he see's us in 10/20 years. My question is why now? Why has it taken so long for this guy to show an interest? Lots more to come to light over the next few days and as exciting as it is,i'll keep my feet on the ground with this one. This story has come from nowehere and already some sections of the press are saying it's a case of dotting the 'I's" and crossing the 'T's'. It surely won't be this smooth,never really is. Long way to go on this story i feel.

Avoiding tax - you try and minimise the tax that you pay legally. For example you could avoid paying uk tax on earnings by not being in the country for more than 90 days.

Evading tax - something that is illegal. For example, when completing your tax return a self-employed joiner could only detail 25% of what he has earned during the year.

Avoiding is legal, evading is illegal.