1 step forward 10 steps back

We're never going to have high net expenditure, if any at all. Fact is Walter has spent money.

Yes, he's spent money, but the real fact is that it's actually a very small amount for a club like ours when looked at as NET spendings calculated purely on players in and players out. Without breaking it all down, but basing it on figures I previously calculated and know I've posted on Gersnet, I estimate that including the last 2 transfer windows Walter has spent no more than �£10m NET on player transfers in the past 4 years, so no more than �£2.5m per year when spread out. It's still money spent of course, but given our level of success I'd say it's been worth every penny and it should be noted that our level of debt is coming DOWN.

Wabash, if you are so adamant you are correct, post your facts and stats to prove it. It is not in the spirit of debate to state you are right and tell everyone else to go an research the point. I don't understand why you are continually evasive, talk in riddles, avoid direct questions and generally avoid answering questions all the time.

If you have evidence supporting your point, post it.

Actually much of the last 10 years I have commented negatively/realistically on various aspects of this mess of a club.

I haven't disagreed with every post you've ever made but I really wouldn't take pride in the above stance.

Wabash, if you are so adamant you are correct, post your facts and stats to prove it. It is not in the spirit of debate to state you are right and tell everyone else to go an research the point. I don't understand why you are continually evasive, talk in riddles, avoid direct questions and generally avoid answering questions all the time.

If you have evidence supporting your point, post it.

And yet he gets people replying to his drivel all the time. I stopped responding to him maybe a year ago.

And yet he gets people replying to his drivel all the time. I stopped responding to him maybe a year ago.

It's in the spirit of good debate to call someone out when they're hypocritically accusing other posters of doing something they endlessly do themselves! :devil:

It's in the spirit of good debate to call someone out when they're hypocritically accusing other posters of doing something they endlessly do themselves! :devil:

Fair enough but when they act like a stuck record, progressive debate is pointless. It's like blood from a stone, as if they're just muttering to themselves in a darkened room and reason isn't invited.

No, I'll base my opinions on titles won. Obviously you know feck all but like to believe you do know something.

Once you've done your research, remember, as I previously mentioned in this thread, to consider wages that we're now paying (less money = poorer quality), size of the squad, what calibre of players have left the club.

You'll probably claim to know that as well.

iceberg.jpg

Would that be european titles won.....in amongst the big boys ??????...........:colbert:

Would that be european titles won.....in amongst the big boys ??????...........:colbert:

Well, considering we have only ever reached four European finals in our history it wouldn't be much worse than the rest. You then have to account for the Euro games under Smith, which is more due to CL participation, the ratio of games to wins takes that down again.

If you want the this debate to continue why don't you try and back up your claims. You're making big claims about Walter's record in Europe being poor and spending too much on playing staff. Back up or back out.

Zappa has already done one bit for you, which backs up my own search. Just Euro games against past Rangers managers' and to help evaluate him, I'd say against septic managers too.

Probably a waste of post but maybe you'll back up your claims.

That'll teach me to come on here after an old frim defeat. Usual suspects spouting utter shite with no constructive answers as to what could/should have been done. Just wait til they get Coisty at the helm. Mibbee they'll top themselves. I'll be at the bottom of the high flats shouting "JUMP YA PRICK!!!"

Did someone even bring up Le Geun in a positive light? Fuck this place for another week. Morons.