Michael Mols video , with translation

Agree totally. I also had tears in my eyes. I knew of MM long before he played for Rangers and when he played for FC Twente he played against my local club and indeed the club I played for, in a pre season friendly. My daughter was mascot of the week and was led on to the field holding his hand. He obviously didn't mean as much to me as he now does but even then he was a true gentleman.

That is one thing that annoyed me about Advocaat. Normally when a team plays a pre-season friendly in Holland the the teams come into the canteen to have a drink and sign a few autographs. The Rangers team under Advocaat were directed straight to the bus and whisked away leaving supporters who had travelled miles to see them to wave at a speeding bus. Mols said in that film Rangers supporters never forget their own. I will never forget Advocaat but more through total dislike than love. Money Mercenary baskit.

Truly a tear-jerker of a video. He was the only one who was on the same wavelength as de Boer, seemed to know instinctively where to go for the pass; whereas I always remember de Boer pointing out to Lovenkrands where he was going to send the ball and our Peter still didn't get there.

I can't think of any player of my generation who could receive a ball with a player in his back and control the ball as MM. Not only could he do that but he could also manage to turn with the player in his back and still get a shot away or leave the player stranded. He really was the best player ever in the world at that. imo

Truly a tear-jerker of a video. He was the only one who was on the same wavelength as de Boer, seemed to know instinctively where to go for the pass; whereas I always remember de Boer pointing out to Lovenkrands where he was going to send the ball and our Peter still didn't get there.

Our Peter did manage to be in the right position for cup final against the tims.

Mols was such a classy player with the skill at the feet. Was a truely inspired video/programme. Shame that he got injured as he would have been so good but was still a classy player.

I can't think of any player of my generation who could receive a ball with a player in his back and control the ball as MM. Not only could he do that but he could also manage to turn with the player in his back and still get a shot away or leave the player stranded. He really was the best player ever in the world at that. imo

100% agree. Still to this day i've never seen ANYONE turn a player as quickly and effectively as Mols could. Not Maradona,Pele,ZZ, Ronaldo,Messi...none of them could turn they way MM could.

Its too true, nobody could turn away from a man like Mols, its one of those things you had to see.

Awesome man and awesome player. I was at the Motherwell game where he bagged all 4 goals - still my best memory of him.

I remember Advocaat saying Amato can leave as Mols was coming and I was wondering who Mols was and hoped Amato stayed as i thought Id never see such a skillful player as Amato but Mols was better.

What a team we had in 1999! Seeing that line up before the PSV is unbelievable and if Mols didnt get injured against Munich I firmly believe we would have went a lot further in the comp that year. He was the final piece of the jigsaw.