Apparently an EPL team are interested.

I'm really not sure how Celtic are paying for their bloated squad but that gives us more reason so win the SPL and give them the kind of financial problems we have.

I was going to mention this yesterday... Celtic are now being linked with a bunch of players on pre-contracts, they arent prepared to pay Forest 600k to get Wilson now, even though they apparently have a defensive crisis. One has to assume this means a tightening of the purse strings over at Parkhead. And then it was suggested they wanted Commons in the summer, so another pre-contract, and they werent prepared to pay the 500k to get him now either.

I suspect they will be in a lot of hurt financially if we win the league again - they are throwing money at winning this SPL - whilst our squad is threadbare, they have an over-inflated squad with, no doubt, over-inflated wages. If we win the league they will need to get rid of players, no doubt - and that could cost them money.

Well they have rich people that own them who obviously care more than our rich owner does.

They also have a bigger stadium

But their average attendance at that bigger stadium is far less than our average attendance at our smaller stadium.

I wont refute your first point though :(

Celtic are averaging 2400 more at a home game than us. At say �£400ish a year, that makes about �£1M more a year. not exactly a massive difference. Servicing and repaying debts probably costs us another couple of million more than them a year as well. They might get a million or so more from merchandising but the far east cash cow has been shown before to be mere beer money.

However, say we now have a 16M player wage budget, and they have an extra �£4M to spend (plus whatever extra they are spending using debt), that's a 25% difference already.

I do, however, get the feeling that either Diamond is putting his own money in the pot, or they are gambling by significantly increasing their debt - which was reputedly very low to start with, giving them some headroom.

It doesn't look like they are preparing well for the resultant reduced income from universally falling gates, lower TV and sponsorship money and the vastly increased difficulty factor for qualifying for the Champions League. To me, they have a bitter, egotistical, Celtc minded manager and they are flexing they're financial muscles as a way to try and dominate us as we did to them during NIAR, in some sort of revenge mission.

It could really bite them in the bum, if they are not careful.

at �£14k a week, decent signing. At �£20k a week, bad signing. For all sorts of reasons.

Anyone remember Chris Eagles? Are we missing him? What's he done since?

Apparently Everton are in for Eagles - must be doing something right if that is the case. Glad we got Weiss instead though :D

But their average attendance at that bigger stadium is far less than our average attendance at our smaller stadium.

I wont refute your first point though :(

According to whom?

Official SPL stats:

Average attendance

Celtic 47196

Rangers 44786

Hearts 14207

Hibernian 12484

Aberdeen 10252

Dundee Utd 7499

Kilmarnock 5673

Motherwell 5227

Inverness CT 4800

St Mirren 4691

St Johnstone 4148

Hamilton 3178

Total Attendance

Celtic 566356

Rangers 447857

Hearts 170484

Hibernian 124842

Aberdeen 92266

Kilmarnock 68070

Dundee Utd 59995

Motherwell 57500

Inverness CT 52805

St Mirren 51596

St Johnstone 37332

Hamilton 31776

They would have made a fortune in previous seasons when competing in Europe too due to their attendances

Edited by Totti

According to whom?

Official SPL stats:

Average attendance

Total Attendance

They would have made a fortune in previous seasons when competing in Europe too due to their attendances

Totti only thing I would say about those attendances . they are official and not actual , the game recently against Caley thistle , there was less than 30,000 but the official figure was over 44000

Totti only thing I would say about those attendances . they are official and not actual , the game recently against Caley thistle , there was less than 30,000 but the official figure was over 44000

They must count ST's, right ? in which case I think they SHOULD be counted as the seat is paid for regardless of attendance at games.