Well clearly there was strong interest but we don't have the finance to compete with other teams.

you mean celtic? How big must their wage bill be with their 30 odd first team squad? plus the transfers and pay offs for certain management teams add to that very little european football and vastly reduced attendances... surely they must be doing some very creative accounting??

Edited by andrew_2010
forgot to include quote

Sounds to me like psychological warfare by Celtic - well we used to do it to them...

They are not so restricted in their spending and can therefore trump us every time and thereby try to stop us building even a minimal squad. They really are rubbing our noses in it, and it shows how the bank is really stopping us from trading effectively in what is an incredibly competitive and cut-throat business.

It's obvious that you can only pull the purse strings so tight before you start to starve yourself which weakens you further and that point seems to have already passed.

you mean celtic? How big must their wage bill be with their 30 odd first team squad? plus the transfers and pay offs for certain management teams add to that very little european football and vastly reduced attendances... surely they must be doing some very creative accounting??

Apparently an EPL team are interested.

I'm really not sure how Celtic are paying for their bloated squad but that gives us more reason so win the SPL and give them the kind of financial problems we have.

In the this age of player greed, agents who pocket immense sums from the deals of their clients, the huge money on offer in England while we have far less money and are forced to be sensible with it, it's always going to be dragged out for us.

If all other clubs would be a bit more circumspect with their money, agents would be less able to up the deals and players would have a ball park value, for which they would just choose the offering club where they want to play most and sign a deal which would unlikely be bettered elsewhere.

It would make it more like your normal job market.

There is still not one of their players I would want/take,as far as the first choice team we have the better team as the last two seasons have shown and hopefully this season. We are short on numbers compared to the BHEASTS but our young players have shown they can cope with playing first team football so although we have missed out on Commons we have young Wylde who may get more game time and could do as good a job as Commons. I would like to see a defender or two come in, if we are to get any players in, as I'm confident we have enough midfielders and attackers to cope with the second half of the season.