McCulloch - To have operation next week

He looks for the ball, holds the ball up well, passes it to the side like Ferguson did but the main difference is that McCulloch scores mroe goals for us than Ferguson did.

I must be watching different games from you because I don't see him doing any of that.

And let's stop the Ferguson comparisons it's making you look like an idiot. Ferguson wasn't even a holding player, more a deep lying playmaker. Ferguson was a quality player, near world class in his young years. At 32 he's still performing to a high level and has rediscovered himself, being the best player on the park in the EPL on a number of occasions, notably an excellent performance against Liverpool at the start of the season. McCulloch is a hatchet man. His job is to kick people and head thee ball.

You're not even right about the goals thing - Ferguson scored almost 20 goals in 02/03 alone, McCulloch has barely hit double figures in over 3 years in the spl

To put it simply, McCulloch is a journeyman who has never aspired to anything. Ferguson is the most talented player Scotland has produced in the last 15 years.

Edited by Totti

I must be watching different games from you because I don't see him doing any of that.

And let's stop the Ferguson comparisons it's making you look like an idiot. Ferguson wasn't even a holding player, more a deep lying playmaker. Ferguson was a quality player, near world class in his young years. At 32 he's still performing to a high level and has rediscovered himself, being the best player on the park in the EPL on a number of occasions, notably an excellent performance against Liverpool at the start of the season. McCulloch is a hatchet man. His job is to kick people and head thee ball.

You're not even right about the goals thing - Ferguson scored almost 20 goals in 02/03 alone, McCulloch has barely hit double figures in over 3 years in the spl

Ferguson went on a scoring spree for 1 season only. McCulloch wades in with his fair share of goals every season. Not bad for a deeplying midfielder or holding midfielder or whatever you want to call it.

There's no doubting Ferguson has more talent than McCulloch but he chose never to really show it during his 2nd stint at Rangers. McCulloch knows he's not the best but the things he does he does them well.

If my comments are making me look like an idiot you should take a wee step back and have a read re your Walter comments. I'm not his bggest fan but feck me, you'd think he'd come into your house on xmas day and shat on your turkey with the comments you come away with.

All I'm saying is that McCulloch and Ferguson can play the same way. Both look for the ball and both pass it sideways. Nothing wrong with that though!

That's what Andreas Pirlo does too but I wouldn't compare him to McCulloch.

I'd be interested in seeing how many passes McCulloch successfully makes because I think he is getting some undue credit here.

And you are right Ferguson wasn't the same in his second stint although did have some inspirational performances such as Porto at home. I think it was more down to the manager and team mates than any lack of ability as he has shown he has not lost it since.

I think some of you are really blinded. If you were to put McCulloch in another SPL team he wouldn't even be one of their best players.

Edited by Totti

I think some of you are really blinded.

People can have opinions as to whether McCulloch is an asset to the team or not, but given your previous announcement that you "hate" him, you're obviously not objective and not in a position to assess his worth or otherwise.

Brahim Hemdani was a much better holding midfielder. Instead of kicking opponents he read the game and kept possession, rarely conceding fouls.

Id agree with that....Hemdani was a cracking player.

But the concern with mcculloch is he isnt even a real midfielder yet we're relying on him to play a bit role.

Id agree with that....Hemdani was a cracking player.

But the concern with mcculloch is he isnt even a real midfielder yet we're relying on him to play a bit role.

Hemdani wasn't interested in playing for us. He was here for the money.

Gav in fishing shocker.

Not this time. He gave us one or two decent seasons but hardly featured when Smith came in and lost all interest in playing for the club.

I can really only remember him playing one or two games for us. He went about his business quietly without doing anything spectacular.