McCulloch - To have operation next week

A blessing IMO, although I thought he was our best player in the last OF game, I still believe there are better players and better options without him.

I doubt there would be anyone in the team that would want to win on Sunday more than Lee, but then that goes for every one of us being ripped off for �£38/�£40 in the stands as well.

We missed him when he went off last night and given others in midfield have been playing worse than him then we'll miss him over the next few weeks as well.

Time for Naismith, Edu and Davis in particular to pick up the baton.

Really puzzled at why people would say McCulloch is crap and/or finished.

Sure he's not the world's most glamorous player but, like Weir has done, he brings EPL/international experience and organisation to the team. His passing is decent, his shooting often rewarded and he does well in the air. Add in his versatlity, then his contribution has been pretty decent since he signed.

Of course he's slow, falls out of games, tends to sit a bit too deep and picks up too many bookings but when compared to others in the team he's not been much worse - if at all.

Personally I don't think we have another midfielder who helps out the back 4 as much as he does. I have seen him often making last gasp tackles to stop other teams scoring. Whether we will be more attacking without him I am not sure but for me he will be a big miss. I am not sure why, but i think some supporters just want him to fail. I am sure he has had more motm awards than anyone else in the last few seasons.

As I said in my preview for last nights game, he was my player of the season last year. He is limited, he is slow, but he reads the game well, gets into a tackle, rarely gives the ball away. Maybe people won't realise his contribution till he's not there.

As I said in my preview for last nights game, he was my player of the season last year. He is limited, he is slow, but he reads the game well, gets into a tackle, rarely gives the ball away. Maybe people won't realise his contribution till he's not there.

After he went off last night, Edu and Davis didn't step up and only Ness was got stuck in and worked hard. Also, they all seemed positionally less disciplined and the ball was being given away much more easily than when McCulloch sits in the holding role.

I'd like to reiterate I'm no McCulloch fan boy (and would prefer he didn't play actually) but anyone saying he's crap/finished clearly don't watch the same Rangers games I do.