McCulloch - To have operation next week

Sometimes in football as in life you only miss people when they aint there , McCulloch does the hard part , the ugly part of the game which allows others to do the glamourous bits , very very strange reaction to big Jig , he has been consistently good for us especially since being handed the horrible job in front of the back 4

Is it personal to why our own fans slate Rangers players? Some didn't like Boyd as they said he was too lazy but ended up the SPLs record scorer before he left, others didn't like Miller mainly because he played for them but proved everyone wrong when he came back but they were still happy to see him go recently. Now it's McCulloch getting slated as he is too slow and not skillfull enough as they would like such as players like Xavi :tongue:

Like Frankie said others have been much worse without a word being mentioned against them. Some players are certainly not as good as what we have had in the past and before some players signed for us I didn't want them here but they are/were Rangers players and I will/did give them my full backing.

I just can't work out why our own fans turn on them so quickly other than it being very personal towards them or jumping on the bandwagon that someone else has started.

We will certainly miss McCulloch when he is out, I just hope not too much.

As I said in my preview for last nights game, he was my player of the season last year. He is limited, he is slow, but he reads the game well, gets into a tackle, rarely gives the ball away. Maybe people won't realise his contribution till he's not there.

He's a poor mans Barry Ferguson.

I like him. He knows his strengths and weaknesses and plays to them. We'll miss his grit and determination on Sunday but he does run the risk of getting sent off in the majority of games due to picking up a yellow card in most games.

The advantage we have is we can still run a good 5 man midfield on Sunday, with or without him. I certainly agree with those who are defending him - he's done a good job overall in midfield, and I'd say it's harsh to be glad he might be missing.

But I do think we have the numbers to cope: Weiss, Davis, Edu, Ness, Naismith.

Some of the post's on here about Big Lee make me want to cry, all this shit about him doing the ugly work. He is so slow all he ever contributes is free kicks and yellow cards.

TBH he is a player that just about sums up smiths approuch to football.

Smith will wins us games and even the league mayby, but he will also drive fans away with his style.

McCulloch is absymal. Absolutely atrocious player who contributes nothing. To think he was signed as an attacker? Christ.

Sure he'll 'stick a boot in' and 'do the dirty work', but honestly we need better than that. He has no technique whatsoever and rarely even touches the ball.

He represents all that is wrong with the Scottish mentality in football.

He's a poor mans Barry Ferguson.

I like him. He knows his strengths and weaknesses and plays to them. We'll miss his grit and determination on Sunday but he does run the risk of getting sent off in the majority of games due to picking up a yellow card in most games.

He has about as much in common with Barry Ferguson as he does Lionel Messi.

Is it personal to why our own fans slate Rangers players? Some didn't like Boyd as they said he was too lazy but ended up the SPLs record scorer before he left, others didn't like Miller mainly because he played for them but proved everyone wrong when he came back but they were still happy to see him go recently. Now it's McCulloch getting slated as he is too slow and not skillfull enough as they would like such as players like Xavi :tongue:

Like Frankie said others have been much worse without a word being mentioned against them. Some players are certainly not as good as what we have had in the past and before some players signed for us I didn't want them here but they are/were Rangers players and I will/did give them my full backing.

I just can't work out why our own fans turn on them so quickly other than it being very personal towards them or jumping on the bandwagon that someone else has started.

We will certainly miss McCulloch when he is out, I just hope not too much.

No I don't expect us to be getting players like Xavi. Ness is already a far superior player.

Brahim Hemdani was a much better holding midfielder. Instead of kicking opponents he read the game and kept possession, rarely conceding fouls.

He has about as much in common with Barry Ferguson as he does Lionel Messi.

He looks for the ball, holds the ball up well, passes it to the side like Ferguson did but the main difference is that McCulloch scores mroe goals for us than Ferguson did.

He looks for the ball, holds the ball up well, passes it to the side like Ferguson did but the main difference is that McCulloch scores mroe goals for us than Ferguson did.

So a rich mans Barry Ferguson..... ;)