McCulloch - To have operation next week

We need Totti to even up the sides a wee bit. Poor old CumbernauldGers is getting a hard time being proved wrong and being totally unable to get his point across without throwing his dummy out the pram.

What a strange thing to say but tbh you do seem to go out your way to talk crap.

You seem to have a fixation on proving me wrong, but if you hard bothered to read in one of my post, i said he was crap in my view.

Good, ha sorry could not help myself.

No need to apologise - it is your opinion that the team will fare better without him. It isnt like we dont have open debate on here - just that a number of us will bring you (and anyone else) to task when they think you are wrong.

I would have preferred that he was in the team as part of a 5 man midfield myself, looking like this :

:sn: :sd: :lm: :jn: :vw:

I still could see WS going with a 5 man midfield which looks like :

:sn: :sd: :me: :jn: :vw:

I think that whilst Edu is more mobile and pacier than McCulloch he loses the ball too much in possession and that could cause us problems.

I would say, though, that if Jelavic misses out then I wouldnt want to start with Lafferty up front on his own, I would then revert to a 4-4-2 with Diouf either coming into the right side of midfield and Naismith moving up top or simply bringing Diouf in up top to partner Lafferty.

Add in two titles, a close third, a run to the UEFA Cup final with some decent stuff in Europe generally (including away wins in Lyon and Lisbon) and being in contention again this season for 4 trophies; the argument against not playing McCulloch - who has been a mainstay in the team throughout these relative successes - isn't a very strong one.

Again, nobody is suggesting McCulloch is a great player or essential to the team. However, to suggest he hasn't contributed (or is useless) is somewhat overly negative and not really worth debating when one looks at the facts.

You're suggesting McCulloch somehow contributed to our UEFA Cup run?

McCulloch was rancid until he played at holding role and he's not much better there either