Wondering what folks' thoughts on him are? This is what, his third full season as part of the first team squad and he's yet to really make an impression. All the hype before he came in and the fact that he does obviously have a fair bit of talent, yet he can't get a look in at the moment. I think that he's struggling to find his position - i really don't see him as a left midfileder/winger and to be honest can't see him as a striker. I think centre midfield, with a kind of Gazza/Scholes type role, breaking into the box, dictating the tempo. I'm in no way writing him off, but at the same time, especially with our slender squad, I'm hoping to see something from him before teh end of the season.

Playing off the strikers for me is his position but we don't use Attacking Midfielders, so he is sort of redundant and has to fit in elsewhere if used at all, think he would be good in a free role. I not sure the management are exactly pushing him forward as he is a attack minded player unlike Hutton and Ness who are more solid and play to the tactical cause ( shall we say defensive one?). I sort of feel for Fleck as I can see him ending up playing elsewhere maybe moving at the end of this season. When he came on in the CIS cup he was very poor, kept losing the ball, he did make one good pass not sure if it lead to the goal but that is what I remember.

Edited by metlika

Obviously WS and AM are not seeing enough of him in training to believe he is capable of starting, but that doesnt help they have their favourites who start regardless of form.

I would like to see a bit more of Fleck in a position he is most comfortable. Its whether the management feel putting Fleck, Kerkar, Weiss, Ness, Hutton and Bartley in between now and the end of the season is too much of a gamble, but IMO id be hoping to see all of these player involved between now and May.

He needs to start playing more or there is no point in keeping the young lad and holding back his career like we did with charlie adam.

1 game in then out for 5 or more is no good to anyone. I like him but he needs a long run in the team and I can't see that happening under walter.

He needs to start playing more or there is no point in keeping the young lad and holding back his career like we did with charlie adam.

1 game in then out for 5 or more is no good to anyone. I like him but he needs a long run in the team and I can't see that happening under walter.

I agree he needs games, a loan deal would have served him better.

For the most part, Fleck has been underwhelming when he has featured. He's certainly not good enough in a withdrawn, wide role (such as Davis has ended up in) but in an advanced 'free' role behind the striker Fleck looks more like a player.

Unfortunately for him we don't usually play with such a player and, when we do, Naismith has done pretty well.

In saying that, he comes with a big reputation so he's either got it or not. If he has, then the poor form of Davis and Naismith should see Fleck afforded another opportunity, if we're going with 4-5-1 again. Perhaps the Sporting Lisbon games would be ideal to get him back in the side.

Playing off the strikers for me is his position but we don't use Attacking Midfielders, so he is sort of redundant and has to fit in elsewhere if used at all, think he would be good in a free role. I not sure the management are exactly pushing him forward as he is a attack minded player unlike Hutton and Ness who are more solid and play to the tactical cause ( shall we say defensive one?). I sort of feel for Fleck as I can see him ending up playing elsewhere maybe moving at the end of this season. When he came on in the CIS cup he was very poor, kept losing the ball, he did make one good pass not sure if it lead to the goal but that is what I remember.

Sounds like he'll only come good if FIFA change the game to have 12 players... We certainly don't have room in our team for an attacking player behind two strikers.

Charlie Adams had plenty of games for Rangers much to the chagrin of many fans. If anything held Charlie back at Rangers, it would be the crowd well before the management.

Charlie Adams had plenty of games for Rangers much to the chagrin of many fans. If anything held Charlie back at Rangers, it would be the crowd well before the management.

And perhaps his own attitude. He's certainly fitter now than he was with us.

What Metlika says.

I think he's suited to play in the hole behind the striker(s). Unfortunately for him, WS doesn't play that style of formation or tactic. He's been tried on the left and failed so I'd rather he sit and wait until next season to see what Ally has lined up for him if anything.

He might decide to look for another club if he doesn't start more games.

Also, why do people insist on calling Charlie Adam - Charlie Adams? He played for us yet some people haven't a clue how to spell his name.