I think there are now far too many people on here who have extreme views and think they are right, just because, with little to back it up.

They are all pretty cosy when people agree with them but as soon as someone has a well formed opposing opinion they are completely lost and can only resort to shouting the same stuff louder, disparaging the other's comments and resorting to insults. All of them are cowards when actually asked to debate their point and when you point this out in an attempt to engage them in reasonable discourse, you are called, "boring", "repetitive" or "tedious".

They are the modern day internet "hard men" who think forums are about who talks the loudest and angriest and flaming is their only tool to resolve disagreement.

I really think these people have dramatically lowered the quality of this forum, and it's noticeable that many more interesting and reasonable posters are contributing a lot less these days.

The post by Totti above shows his complete contempt and lack of understanding for the whole philosophy of the forum and to me is the kind of stuff that had previous members banned. At every stage I've tried to engage in some sort of meaningful discussions with these people but it always immediately deteriorates to this level, without much rationality in between.

They are changing the whole feel of the place and changing the habits of better posters.

The ironic thing is that often they have something interesting and intelligent to say but the fascist delivery and follow up combined with irrational and ill thought out extreme views mean that their contribution is vastly negative to the whole purpose of the board.

As a long time member who has always tried to help keep the tone on here as one of rational and respectful debate, I'm finding the Neanderthal rantings and name calling are really making my interest dwindle.

It's like a good pub has been taken over by the neds, and it will soon time to find another local, to drink in...

I really think these people have dramatically lowered the quality of this forum, and it's noticeable that many more interesting and reasonable posters are contributing a lot less these days.

I'm actually preferring the forum these days than say 2 years ago.

Again, I don't mind anyone discussing the quality (or otherwise) of this forum and I certainly welcome any feedback/criticism but I think this can be done without calling people idiots or cowards.

In fact, after posting a polite warning last week to everyone about such behaviour I'm extremely disappointed people feel they can continue to lower the tone.

An Old Firm defeat is always going to heighten tension and people may say things they don't mean as a result. However, it is now Tuesday and there is no excuse for slagging off fellow bears and other members.

Grow up.

I wish everyone would please stop arguing for the implicit censorship - either by insulting to silence, or moderating or philosophy or whatever - of people with differing views. As a wise, possibly enlightened possibly bi-polar, poet-painter once said in his proverbs of Hell "Without contraries there is no Progression". We have no fixed top-down philosophy, and change as the posters change. The only thing that stays the same is that people must remain civil and also not be too touchy. The board is better for the fact that people have hugely widely diverging views they're willing to argue to the hilt. This means people are going to argue, and it's going to get heated, but we'll deal with any excesses as they arise - by and large people moderate themselves. The forum always seem fine to the unannoyed people and decaying to people who are annoyed. That's natural, but let's just remember its a forum and move on.

Edited by bmck