The debacle that was PLG can be laid plainly and squarely at the door of ferguson, his little gang and a weak gutless chairman, who choose anarchy over a manager who could have been a bright new dawn for the club and our style of football.

We instead have what we had before anti-football, it should be had up under the trade descriptions act, for it is anything but football. A disgrace to the name of Rangers, who were reknowned for competing with style and passion, Messi hit the nail on the head.

If winning is all that matters to some, I fear for the future of our club and Scottish football in general. Tonight Man U- Crawley showed the abject nonsense of footballs structures, the guys paid a pittance were every bit as good as the millionaires, even though they lost.

The debacle that was PLG can be laid plainly and squarely at the door of ferguson, his little gang and a weak gutless chairman, who choose anarchy over a manager who could have been a bright new dawn for the club and our style of football.

We instead have what we had before anti-football, it should be had up under the trade descriptions act, for it is anything but football. A disgrace to the name of Rangers, who were reknowned for competing with style and passion, Messi hit the nail on the head.

If winning is all that matters to some, I fear for the future of our club and Scottish football in general. Tonight Man U- Crawley showed the abject nonsense of footballs structures, the guys paid a pittance were every bit as good as the millionaires, even though they lost.

And PLG has swept all before him all across Africa and central europe NOT , everything cannot continually be left at the door of a few players , if blame is to be laid , at Murray's door it should be left

The PLG episode was tragic in so many ways. But it did finally show how little Murray understood about the needs of this club and just how shallow and worthless his tenure has been. PLG himself is much harder to fathom. He might have represented a direction we need to take but everything we saw about his time at Ramgers was tainted by failure and chaos - I say everything we saw because I still think he was severely hampered behind the scenes and I again thnk the weakness of David Murray may lie at the heart of the PLG debacle.

A disgrace to the name of Rangers, who were reknowned for competing with style and passion,

When were Rangers reknowned for style? Not in my lifetime, and judging by your posts, you don't sound half as old as me. And more particularly when did Rangers have loads of style at a time when they could not compete with the top league of English teams for players?

The best football I've seen Rangers play was in Smith's first tenure when we had Laudrup and Gazza as well as a plethora of excellent players. We were competing with the richest teams in England for players and indeed beat their champions home and away in the CL, so it's not a comparable situation to now.

I starting watching football properly during the Greig era and then Wallace, when the football was REALLY dire and we didn't win the league at all, and in fact finished fifth on occasion. Souness came along and signed some of the best players in the UK and although it was mostly effective, the football wasn't stylish at all.

We played some good stuff under Advocaat with a team that cost enough to almost kill our club, but there was plenty of shit games and then there was his last season and a half...

Eck started off well and then the football was dire, PLG never even got going and couldn't beat a first division team in the cup.

I shouldn't have to keep on educating Rangers fans on our managers but many seem to have previously supported some mythical Rangers team that I don't think ever existed.

If you're 100 years old and remember the days of Struth then fair enough - but even then the relevance to football today is probably tenuous.

I really doubt anyone really wants a Tommy Burns or Tony Mowbray as manager and it's funny that there were reports of Rangers playing well but losing to Hearts, but I don't remember any praise for that - quite the opposite.

I should have of course added that this team, Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow, Davis, Paterson, Baxter, Wilson, McMillan, Scott, Brand, Hume, was the first British team ever to reach a Euro final in 1961, losing 4-1 over two legs to Fiorentina. Euro competition nor a medium of success is anything new to Rangers, at one time it was expected as the norm. reaching three Euro finals and winning one, before the time of Murray and Smith with all their riches, was no mean achievement for a club from our little country. Titles may be bought, pride, passion and the glory of wearing the jersey you are born with, there is no substitute for that.

Edited by puk

I should have of course added that this team, Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow, Davis, Paterson, Baxter, Wilson, McMillan, Scott, Brand, Hume, was the first British team ever to reach a Euro final in 1961, losing 4-1 over two legs to Fiorentina. Euro competition nor a medium of success is anything new to Rangers, at one time it was expected as the norm. reaching three Euro finals and winning one, before the time of Murray and Smith with all their riches, was no mean achievement for a club from our little country. Titles may be bought, pride, passion and the glory of wearing the jersey you are born with, there is no substitute for that.

We also played some great football in the seventies and for some reason the Souness team 1987 to 1990 seems to have been overlooked although it served up some terrific stuff. But I'd agree with you and I've often said that, in my lifetime at least, no Rangers manager has produced anything to match what Scot Symon built.