We also played some great football in the seventies and for some reason the Souness team 1987 to 1990 seems to have been overlooked although it served up some terrific stuff. But I'd agree with you and I've often said that, in my lifetime at least, no Rangers manager has produced anything to match what Scot Symon built.

Man you are old :D :D

Niven, Shearer, Caldow, Davis, Paterson, Baxter, Scott, McMillan, Millar, Brand, Wilson. Enough said.

Exactly, completely made my point.

I never seen any of these players and I'm getting on a bit. That may have been a great Rangers team but it's pretty irrelevant to football today and anything to do with Walter Smith. There's not a manager in the world who could bring back those days with the current crop of Scottish players and the resources we have to buy foreigners. Ironically Walter also achieved a European cup final which is arguably harder to win than a cup winners competition, without these players...

It should be remembered that our Cup Winners Cup win was during the infamouse Celtic 9 in a row and we didn't even win the cup to qualify. It was a time when Celtic were getting to European Cup semi-finals and finals and actually winning one. Is that really a time people want to return to?

Exactly, completely made my point.

I never seen any of these players and I'm getting on a bit. That may have been a great Rangers team but it's pretty irrelevant to football today and anything to do with Walter Smith. There's not a manager in the world who could bring back those days with the current crop of Scottish players and the resources we have to buy foreigners. Ironically Walter also achieved a European cup final which is arguably harder to win than a cup winners competition, without these players...

It should be remembered that our Cup Winners Cup win was during the infamouse Celtic 9 in a row and we didn't even win the cup to qualify. It was a time when Celtic were getting to European Cup semi-finals and finals and actually winning one. Is that really a time people want to return to?

Fortunately for those of us with an idea of the clubs traditions and history, you don't have a point.

Fortunately for those of us with an idea of the clubs traditions and history, you don't have a point.

If you'd had the slightest clue about our history, you'd get my points and be able to answer them, you obviously know very little. Your completely body swerve of any rational debate shows that if you have any knowledge beyond reading a couple of websites, you're incapable of elucidating it.

You'd also be better reading up on the history of our great support, as you have little in you to emulate the great Rangers supporters of the past. If all our supporters were like you, we'd have had a fraction of the success we've had. I've seen Tims with more respect for Rangers than you - and that's something we had in the time of Symon et al - respect.

If you'd had the slightest clue about our history, you'd get my points and be able to answer them, you obviously know very little. Your completely body swerve of any rational debate shows that if you have any knowledge beyond reading a couple of websites, you're incapable of elucidating it.

You'd also be better reading up on the history of our great support, as you have little in you to emulate the great Rangers supporters of the past. If all our supporters were like you, we'd have had a fraction of the success we've had. I've seen Tims with more respect for Rangers than you - and that's something we had in the time of Symon et al - respect.

Like I said, you don't have any point(s) to get. My old friend Bob MacCallum would be amused at your deflection, thankfully in my neck of the woods we don't worry to much about tims.

I've long made it a rule not to reply to your posts but I'll make this one exception to say that you don't half spout some dreadful shite and that's about the worst I've seen so far.

No doubt Smith will get the brunt of this defeat as usual and he definately deserves some stick but IMO not one player had pass marks today, they should be ashamed to wear that famous jersey and call themselves top professional footballers............

I've long made it a rule not to reply to your posts but I'll make this one exception to say that you don't half spout some dreadful shite and that's about the worst I've seen so far.

Most ironic post in a long time. Your level of debate is as purile as always. If my points are shite, why do you not have the ability to deal with them in an intelligent way? All you do is insult and deflect. Go on, show us some chops to go with that arrogant swagger...

I actually find it funny you say that it's shite to say we used to have a great support with respect for the club... but hey that's your opinion. However, you could have put it in a way that actually stimulates debate rather than go to the lowest denominator.