Big Breaking new about Rangers about to come on BBC Scotland sportsound

To be given a glowing report by one of uefa's official delegates and then be stabbed in the back is shocking, who the hell do uefa believe in this matter??? And why employ such delegates! Fuck me talk about being shafted by your own employers :(

And surely a delegate from Northern Ireland isn't a coincidence? Someone that "knows" what all the divide is about?

Why no banning for the racists in Spain? or the anti-Semites in Poland/Netherlands? why nothing about praising terrorist organisations? If other clubs were under the same scrutiny I'm sure most folk would have let it lie, but if there was any singing of "banned" songs (I wasn't at either game) surely it would have been in protest after NOT singing the "banned" songs for months with only more criticism instead of praise.

I know the excuse "but everyone else is doing it" isn't great, but in this case there is NO other club (despite others with worse track records) being put in the dock over this. Praise from police officials and uefa delegates and a report from a bitter "volunteer" tim is potentially causing this countless greif.

The question is - was there anything offensive sung at either game? I only saw the games on TV, but I don't remember hearing TBB or anything like that.

Apparently these were the songs sung that night:

0:00 - Derry's Walls

0:00 - A moments' silence for Japan - impeccably observed by everyone

0:00 - Rule Britannia

0:10 - Derry's Walls

0:55 - We Love You Rangers

2:30 - Super Rangers

3:15 - Glasgow Rangers Champions

5:35 - We Love You Rangers

10:50 - Build My Gallows

21:35 - Super Rangers

32:35 - Derry's Walls

41:15 - Super Rangers

45:29 - We Are The People

46:15 - Derry's Walls

48:00 - Super Rangers

51:15 - Derry's Walls

53:25 - Derry's Walls

57:15 - Rule Britannia

61:45 - Derry's Walls

It was after this point when Lafferty was stretchered off and the team lost momentum. The PSV fans, who were great, were loudest and this was highlighted by the commentators in the 75th minute as the away fans could be heard singing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life.

As the so-called Subway Loyal made their exit and the stadium began to empty, there was no more singing which could be heard on the television. Surely, it would be easier to hear the alleged sectarian songs in an emptier stadium, or are the nutters the ones who leave early too?

Finally:

81:50 - We Love You Rangers

Thanks to Foxtrot from FF

Apparently these were the songs sung that night:

0:00 - A moments' silence for Japan - impeccably observed by everyone

0:00 - Rule Britannia

0:10 - Derry's Walls

0:55 - We Love You Rangers

2:30 - Super Rangers

3:15 - Glasgow Rangers Champions

5:35 - We Love You Rangers

10:50 - Build My Gallows

21:35 - Super Rangers

32:35 - Derry's Walls

41:15 - Super Rangers

45:29 - We Are The People

46:15 - Derry's Walls

48:00 - Super Rangers

51:15 - Derry's Walls

53:25 - Derry's Walls

57:15 - Rule Britannia

61:45 - Derry's Walls

It was after this point when Lafferty was stretchered off and the team lost momentum. The PSV fans, who were great, were loudest and this was highlighted by the commentators in the 75th minute as the away fans could be heard singing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life.

As the so-called Subway Loyal made their exit and the stadium began to empty, there was no more singing which could be heard on the television. Surely, it would be easier to hear the alleged sectarian songs in an emptier stadium, or are the nutters the ones who leave early too?

Finally:

81:50 - We Love You Rangers

Thanks to Foxtrot from FF

It can only be Super Rangers as it mentions the F word, which UEFA seems to deem sectarian.

Super Rangers is obviously the issue but I'm not sure how UEFA can act on this (under the current directive) given it's not been proscribed previously.

Edited by Frankie

Totally disgraceful decision by UEFA but it isn't the first time this has happened. Remember back in 2006 we were originally found not guilty over sectarian singing in Villarreal only for it to be over turned. The organisation is a complete and utter embarrasment.

Rangers disciplinary proceedings opened

Published: Friday 15 April 2011, 10.00CET

Disciplinary proceedings have been launched against Rangers FC in relation to the Scottish club's UEFA Europa League round of 16 first and second-leg games against PSV Eindhoven.

UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Rangers FC with respect to last month's UEFA Europa League round of 16 first and second-leg matches between the Scottish club and PSV Eindhoven.

Rangers are to face charges of discriminatory behaviour relating to chanting by their supporters at the above-mentioned matches on 10 and 17 March.

Both cases will be heard by the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body on Thursday 28 April.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1620449.html