Scotland now 25th in Fifa Rankings

All credit to Walter, and I think it's only going to get better. He has several very good young guys still to come into the squad, I'm thinking Scott Brown, Stephen Naismith, Shaun Maloney, Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittiker etc so I think we shold have a positve next few years.

The figures are never meaningless, they affect what kind of qualifying groups we get, which is why we're a fourth seed with France, Italy and Ukraine in our group. Keep this up and we could scrape a second seeding giving us one less giant to kill.

I wonder if thats NI's best place ever, they are normal around 89th and Wales 101st.

With Wales the lowest home nation on 77th i also wonder if thats the best all 5 have been positioned at 1 time. I certainly is since I can remember

It's your past qualifying record.

Hence the worry when we were doing so badly that we would again fail to qualify, and fall down a pot for the WC Qualifiers, making it 99% likely we would get a group with three big names in it, and the "best of the rest", making it impossible to qualify.