Yeah you can never guarantee a share issue will be fully taken up. I don't think the club are in favour of a fan ownership either as it means people need to keep investing more money year on year as well as the season tickets etc, they don't see it as viable.

I thought Dave King had a huge bill coming in from South Africa because of tax, unless he is super rich I heard the figures being �£200m.

I just cannot see Rangers fans investing �£25 million of their hard earned money in the club. You would be asking fans to fork out after spending �£400-�£500 on a season ticket??

Crucial days and weeks ahead for the club.

Noobie alert....

Why not push for the takeover, then also raise the additional �£25m from a share issue??? There's your transfer budget well & truly sorted!!!

Because it could be that the Board member pushing this "new capital of 25 mill" doesnt like the idea of Craig Whyte being the owner and if that is the case they wouldnt push for the CW takeover followed by a 25 mill equity issue.

Infighting is exactly the problem. The morons, buffoons, aggressors, bigots etc I see on RM and FF gives a wider scope to what the average fan is like. And I don't want a lot of the people like those on there to control Rangers. It would destroy us.

Exactly Danny. Whatever happens in the next few weeks it's time for everybody connected with Rangers Football Club to pull together. No man is bigger than this great institution of ours!!

Yeah you can never guarantee a share issue will be fully taken up. I don't think the club are in favour of a fan ownership either as it means people need to keep investing more money year on year as well as the season tickets etc, they don't see it as viable.

I thought Dave King had a huge bill coming in from South Africa because of tax, unless he is super rich I heard the figures being �£200m.

If he has a tax bill of 200M.... I imagine he would be considered super rich - at least prior to paying the bill. I am sure I read that his wealth ran into the upper hundreds of millions.

If he has a tax bill of 200M.... I imagine he would be considered super rich - at least prior to paying the bill. I am sure I read that his wealth ran into the upper hundreds of millions.

Yeah, ok, I meant that would have taken up most if not nearly all of his wealth, I guess not.

I really do depair about our club sometimes. A complete soap opera....:brick:

Why has it taken another bid to force Dave King's hand?

We have been below the breadline for years now and kicked from pillar to post so why not help us out then, eh? :brick:

With King's proposal, it will no doubt include Murray still owning the club or being a part of it with Bain and we just can't go down that route again. We are too far down the line.....

Time to find more backers, Mr Whyte. We really, really need you to do so.

As for AJ, it was only a week or two ago that he was saying that we the bid was close to completion with a quote of 48 hours.

Utter, utter shambles. The board have all shat themeslves because with Whyte taking over, they will all be out on their arse and will no longer get all their jollies under the name of our club.

Edited by Koeman

I though AJ's statement was the first reasonable contribution to the whole underhand affair. Well done the chairman and well done the independent committee for speaking up for the club, it's time someone did.

Remember Sir Fat Snake and his commitment only to sell to someone with the funds to take us forward? Now it seems he was prepared to sell to a man with just enough beans to get him (Murray) out of the shit and fark allmleft for the club. Is David Murray the biggest bastard you ever came across or what?