Having seen Panorama's programme on Russell King last night, the fraudster who nearly ruined Notts County, maybe it is prudent to be absolutely sure Whyte really does have the money he claims to.

And if the club is not convinced that he does, then I'm almost willing to accept their dubiety because I don't want some pseudo con man wrecking the club.

'To this end the Board has had an approach from one of its directors who wishes the Board to consider an alternative funding option. This would involve a fresh issue of new capital to raise �£25m to be invested directly into the Club'

Can this be done without the Bank looking to grab some??

Noobie alert....

Why not push for the takeover, then also raise the additional �£25m from a share issue??? There's your transfer budget well & truly sorted!!!

I'm no accountant but there's no guarantee a share issue would raise enough. And it also means the fans own the club, which I don't like.

I'm no accountant but there's no guarantee a share issue would raise enough. And it also means the fans own the club, which I don't like.

I wouldn't be against the fans owning part of the club. It seems to work in countries such as Germany and Spain but I would be against fans taking sole ownership of the club. There is enough infighting at the club at the moment.

Yeah you can never guarantee a share issue will be fully taken up. I don't think the club are in favour of a fan ownership either as it means people need to keep investing more money year on year as well as the season tickets etc, they don't see it as viable.

I thought Dave King had a huge bill coming in from South Africa because of tax, unless he is super rich I heard the figures being �£200m.

I wouldn't be against the fans owning part of the club. It seems to work in countries such as Germany and Spain but I would be against fans taking sole ownership of the club. There is enough infighting at the club at the moment.

Infighting is exactly the problem. The morons, buffoons, aggressors, bigots etc I see on RM and FF gives a wider scope to what the average fan is like. And I don't want a lot of the people like those on there to control Rangers. It would destroy us.