Are the Arab Trust sectarian?

Guest David

I dont think they have fully thought this through.

They have over-enthusiastically dived onto a bandwagon in order to try and rub shoulders with a bigger organization and boost their poxy organizations standing...Only to appear foolish.

STEPHEN THOMPSON last night moved to distance Dundee United from the statement issued by the ArabTRUST following Tuesday's game against Rangers.

The fans' group has complained to the SPL, SFA and Tayside Police about alleged sectarian singing during Gers' 4-0 win.

That has inflamed tensions after UEFA's decision to charge Rangers for chants during the European matches against PSV Eindhoven.

That could see them playing behind closed doors in Europe next season and have away fans banned from travelling. United owner Thompson has been left dismayed at the ArabTRUST for their comments. He is understood to have contacted both Rangers and the SPL yesterday to stress the fans' group were not speaking on behalf of his club.

He slapped down the ArabTRUST board and believes authorities are working to eradicate sectarianism.

Thompson said: "I am aware of what ArabTRUST have said.

"They are entitled to whatever view they want to have but they do not represent Dundee United.

"ArabTRUST are not speaking on behalf of the football club. We have a good relationship with Rangers and all clubs are working hard to eradicate sectarianism." Thompson helped launch United's season ticket package for next season yesterday and appealed for fans to continue to back the club.

He said: "We are no different from any other club, the fans will be crucial to the future.

"There has been a big thing made about the amount of players leaving but from the team which beat Rangers at Ibrox recently ten from the 11 will be here next year.

"Peter Houston will be looking to bring players in during the transfer window. I'm confident the team will continue to flourish next season."

"We have done our best to freeze prices for the Early Bird offer."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3540587/My-club-didnt-shop-Gers-fans.html#ixzz1KCfZbrr2

Stephen Thompson who quite clearly hates Rangers moves away from a statement against us, I'm shocked tbh.

Thompson needs Houston and Houston gets on really well with Walter Smith... ;)

Stephen Thompson who quite clearly hates Rangers moves away from a statement against us, I'm shocked tbh.

Thompson might be afraid of a boycott by Rangers fans [i wish].

Why do we not use our main strength in this fight ?

Anyone club/support using the word H** when referring to Rangers should be highlighted. I was all for the dignified silence approach until this season. The gloves have to come off from the club. It really is time to fight fire with fire. Our clubs is being attacked from all sides and we have to take a stand.

Spot on Tumshie - the gloves are off. However, this needs a co-ordinated response, but not a guddle of poorly worded contradicting responses.

That's where the other side have shone. All their campaigns have been coordinated and similar language has been used putting forward consistent points.

Really time to defend our side.. Will you stand?

It seems like the ideal opporunity for the RST to issue a statement highlighting the arabtrust's hypocrisy for allowing the H word on their own website and trhe use of it by their fans, while also highlighting the continued use by Celtic fans and also the fact that Celtic FC allowed the word to be displayed on a banner wearlier this season.

Seems like an open goal and I'm disappointed that they have remained quiet on the subject.