2 min applause for Lemmon on Sunday

I thought 2 mins applause or silence were held in memory of people who have passed away not for jumped up dickheads like lemon.Everyone is going on about Rangers this and that were these so called bombs are concerned were is the proof it had anything to do with Rangers or are supporters .I thought you are innocent until proven guilty in this country.There have been plenty of incidents were protestants/loyalists have been blamed for sectarian attacks when in fact it was there own behind the attacks.Lets just sing our way through this farce<strictly non sectarian by the way> and then get on and hump this shite.

doesnt matter what we think of lennon, the rest of the fucking world thinks he is a martyr for all catholics and if we react in a negative way we will once again be vilified by our actions.

So far the mhanks have been playing a blinder over the affair with the letter bombs whilst the mhedia have been in overdrive nailing us to the wall from every angle.

The end result is that we are being shown to be a bunch of racist sectarian bigots and its being broadcast all around the world.

The best way to take the wind out of their sails is to join in the applause. It gives them fuck all to shout about and with the whole world watching it will give us a starting point to start undoing the lies and hatred that they have attached to our club.

I implore all in the stadium to adhere to the minutes applause, it will be the last thing those twisted bitter fucks will expect.

I'm sorry Gisabeer, but I disagree and certainly wont be joining in on any applause for lennon. He states on a BBC interview that this is all happening because he manages celtc...How does he know? At this point, no-one knows who sent the bomb let alone their reasons. Where's the precedence? Did this sort of thing happen with any of celtc's previous managers? I do believe the answer is no...There are youtube clips where he makes it very clear what he thinks of Rangers and, while i condemn fully the actions of the twisted individual(s) who sent the bombs, I feel no compulsion to be part of this charade...and i hope we score on the 18th minute, i really do...

There is a dangerous cult of personality gathering around lennon where the great unwashed can give vent to their paranoia, mock outrage and false sense of injustice and focus all of it around their devotion for lennon (I was reminded of the film Bob Roberts when i saw them all gathered outside parkhead hoping for a glimpse of their 'messiah')...Have any of those in attendance last night at celtc park suffered from prejudice because of their faith? I very much doubt it...can the same be said for protestant teachers trying to earn promotion in the Scottish schooling system. This perception of anti-Irish racism is a myth in modern day Scotland but it's been cleverly manipulated by the celtc fans so if you criticise them they can accuse you of bigotry. We have countless Irish themed bars, the Celtic Connections festival and plenty of successful Irish people in Scottish society...to claim bias is to peddle a lie...

And so on to Sunday, come on Rangers just do it...because if there's one thing that will be lennons undoing, it will be when he fails to deliver and they turn on themselves...the lennon diehards against the rest.

Rangers til i die :uk:

I'm sorry Gisabeer, but I disagree and certainly wont be joining in on any applause for lennon. He states on a BBC interview that this is all happening because he manages celtc...How does he know? At this point, no-one knows who sent the bomb let alone their reasons. Where's the precedence? Did this sort of thing happen with any of celtc's previous managers? I do believe the answer is no...There are youtube clips where he makes it very clear what he thinks of Rangers and, while i condemn fully the actions of the twisted individual(s) who sent the bombs, I feel no compulsion to be part of this charade...and i hope we score on the 18th minute, i really do...

There is a dangerous cult of personality gathering around lennon where the great unwashed can give vent to their paranoia, mock outrage and false sense of injustice and focus all of it around their devotion for lennon (I was reminded of the film Bob Roberts when i saw them all gathered outside parkhead hoping for a glimpse of their 'messiah')...Have any of those in attendance last night at celtc park suffered from prejudice because of their faith? I very much doubt it...can the same be said for protestant teachers trying to earn promotion in the Scottish schooling system. This perception of anti-Irish racism is a myth in modern day Scotland but it's been cleverly manipulated by the celtc fans so if you criticise them they can accuse you of bigotry. We have countless Irish themed bars, the Celtic Connections festival and plenty of successful Irish people in Scottish society...to claim bias is to peddle a lie...

And so on to Sunday, come on Rangers just do it...because if there's one thing that will be lennons undoing, it will be when he fails to deliver and they turn on themselves...the lennon diehards against the rest.

Rangers til i die :uk:

I dont disagree with anything you say here but as i said the world is watching our reaction and we will be judged by it for the rest of our lives. So we should tread very carefully where walk as any damage caused could prove to be irreversable.

Guest Diane MacLeod

I know that it would feel like an incredibly difficult thing for many Rangers fans to do - to join in applause for Neil Lennon. But lets not forget that the nail bomb incident has been headline news in Europe! And whether its actually anything to do with our beloved club or not, that's how its being painted! And the fact is that this kind of behaviour is abhorrent! Somebody tried to hurt or kill the man! No matter what you think of his politics, his attitude, his behaviour its just absolutely wrong and I don't want Rangers associated with it! Joining in with the clapping on Sunday would be a protest against whoever did this and would show that Rangers fans are good, decent people who love their club. I challenge every Gers fan to have the guts to do this on Sunday. It would be a gesture to be proud of and a true act of support for Rangers Football Club

Welcome to the forum Diane. :thup:

I understand your sentiments, but do you not think it would be completely false and two-faced of Rangers fans to clap in support of a man who they dislike so much? I very rarely hold grudges, but I'm affraid that this man is a special case. This is the guy who deliberately didn't make it out of the tunnel in time for the minutes silence on the 2nd January as a mark of his disrespect for Rangers Football Club. While everyone else was out in the stadium to observe the minutes silence, Lennon and his assistents were nowhere to be seen because they were hiding up the tunnel having a wee chin-wag. They can stick their clapping in support of Lennon where the sun doesn't shine. I'll actually be really dissappointed if Rangers fans join in with it, but I know that some will.

Edited by Zappa
fixing typo

I agree that we have to box clever, as it were and if you want to join in the applause that is your prerogative. i personally feel that what happened has nothing to do with Rangers and therefore feel no compunction to be a part of it. If the bomber(s) is caught and turns out to be a Rangers fan then some form of statement from the club and a fan lead demo stating our condemnation of the act is appropriate.

I believe the vast majority of Rangers fans are decent people who get on fine with their celtc supporting friends, family, neighbours and colleagues. However, the whole applause thing, candle lit vigil etc is the actions of people who dont question lennons role in all of this and seek to portray him as the champion of an anti-bigotry cause and by extension, aim to paint the Rangers fans as the entire problem.

If this is about showing the world what the Rangers support is all about then let it be about our passion, loyalty and vocal support for our team and management...and yes, without the contentious songs that our enemy's love to hear and be offended by.