Sales pitch seals deal! Whyte convinces Ibrox board he is the man for Gers takeover

Guest Scuba_87
I'd fancy the bid oversight committee would be pretty scathing if there will ill-advised plans of selling either Ibrox or Murray Park.

However, neither should they (or us) be of a closed mind if redevelopment is possible to the benefit of all.

It should be a good thing for Whyte and his backers can make money from owning Rangers. If they do that, then chances are our club should benefit as well. It's up to us to ensure that is the case.

I think you raise a valid point, I would imagine Whyte would maybe try and re-gain his own financial input then the excess profit if any from the redevelopment work could be ploughed into the first team and/or youth team. It all sounds very promising and with Whyte he seems like a genuine Rangers man through and through, I just hope he can back up what he has been saying and he isn't just pulling the wool over our eyes

It actually makes me prefer King etc !!! Let's hope AJ knows.

As you know lots of stuff has leaked out since Whyte's interest became strong - yet we've heard next to nothing about Whyte's background or his backers (if they do exist).

Russian Vladimir Antonov was involved at some point as far as I'm led to believe but he's now buying Portsmouth so is definitely ruled out.

To be honest it could be anyone. And I'm still of the belief King et al may be (or end up) the same as Whyte et al.

Guest Sjp1873

In terms of Ellis involvement in this deal I have wondered ifhe has been brought in due to him having experience at the top of two football clubs previously. After all whyte has admitted that he has limited knowledge of running a club.

Maybe the 25% is a sale to Ellis which is being bought by him for funds loaned to him by one of whytes companies at a cheap interest rate. Therefore giving ellis a stake in the club for a reduced rate and benfititting whyte due to receiving interest on that loan whilst also using the knowledge Ellis has garnered previously.

I don't see someone in the venture capitalist business just handing over 25% of a �£50million purchase for fun to be honest and it looks like most if not all property angles have been covered.

The fact Whyte hasn't spoken directly to the press has always been a big positive to me. I know SDM has got us into the shit in these last few years, but i have always maintained that he would never sell us to someone who couldn't take us forwards.

I know people are saying Whyte has done dodgy deals etc, well, tell me one successful businessman that hasn't? Look at Bill gates, he gets sued as do Microsoft every so many months FFS!!

Add to the fact that CW is a self made businessman, he will not want to ruin his rep by fucking the Rangers up. he's still a young guy so he has 20-30 years of working in front of him so he doesn't want a big black mark on his CV saying he fucked up one of the World biggest football clubs. I add Ellis to that, CW wont involve a man, and basically lend him millions of pounds if he thinks he can't bring experience of some sort to the table.

My own personal opinion is he will build us up, make us financially stable, build a good compitent football team that can compete in Scotland and Europe then sell us again. I'd guess he'll be here for 4-7 years then sell us to another Buisinessman.

But if we get into the EPL or some sort of Euro league i could see him staying though

The one thing that makes me believe in Whyte is that I can't believe or find it hard to believe that he is going to pay 25 million up front to Lloyds and Murray just to make a cunt of himself. It can go wrong but that is the case with anyone who takes over. I am pretty sure that the development of Ibrox plays a part in his plans but that can surely only be good for Rangers and Whyte\Ellis. Someone asked why Murray never done the development thing but it would seem now with Murray selling property at give away prices he just did not have the finances to do it. I am no expert so I could be miles adrift of the facts.

Question: Would Rangers get subsidies for any reconstruction of the Ibrox area from GCC?

Pete, are you smoking Holland's finest weed lol.

Was he not a major influence on Denmark in their Euro championship winning side? And that was when international football meant something.

Brian Laudrup was voted joint 5th best player in the world (with Peter Schmeichel) in the FIFA poll after Euro92, OK he floppped in Italy but let me know the next time we sign someone within 2 years of him being voted 5th best player in the world.

As a pure football player I rate him in the top three I have seen in Rangers' colours: Baxter, Gascoigne and Laudrup; but none in my opinion had the football brain of Ronald de Boer.

Jelavic looks like a good player in the Prso and Hately mold and can improve but he's not in the same league as those mentioned above.