Sales pitch seals deal! Whyte convinces Ibrox board he is the man for Gers takeover

You are just so wrong on so many levels pete.

To be a RANGERS legend you need to have performed well for Rangers over a period of time. Other than his final season Laudrup was sensational for us. It doesn't matter what he did at Bayern or what he did at Chelsea or any other team for that matter. His Rangers legendary status is what he did for us, nobody else.

Even using your own analogy makes no sense. You say Laudrup ran away after 4 or 5 years.... Yet you want to confer legendary status on Jelavic after ONE season. Makes no sense.

Jelavic may have been a success at his previous club but it also can't be forgotten the clubs that Laudrup played with - some of the best clubs in Europe. You can't be just a mediocre player to play with them.

Sorry, much as thou I want you to be proven right in rating Jelavic far higher than Laudrup it would take more than one season to place that honor on him and it would take an extended period of time of very high performances.

I also find it somewhat amusing that you talk about Laudrup as being just great in Scotland due to the poor standards...... The standards of Scottish football now are worse than they were back when Laudrup was here..... So Jelavic won't ever become a legend using your own analogy, correct ?

Laudrup's the greatest I've ever seen in my time watching the Rangers. Whether he was a success at other clubs is irrelevant to me. His contribution to our club is what matters.

Anyway getting back to the OP lets just hope all this takeover talk is finally finished. I'm not totally convinced about Whyte but the other bid does not fill me with any confidence. With the debt being paid off it will be the chance of a new start for Rangers.

I think the phrase was "starting to become a legend"

"Legends" have to start somewhere.

For example, Papac rarely comes out with much and he's been here a few seasons now.. a steady player but not legend status imo.

I think the phrase was "starting to become a legend"

"Legends" have to start somewhere.

For example, Papac rarely comes out with much and he's been here a few seasons now.. a steady player but not legend status imo.

Think the word legend gets banded about far too often anyway. Only players in this squad that could come close to legendary status are Davie Weir, Alan McGregor and possibly Steve Davis if he stays at the club for another couple of years.

As much as I loved guys like big Prso I wouldn't put him as a legend as we only really got one good season out of him.

You are just so wrong on so many levels pete.

To be a RANGERS legend you need to have performed well for Rangers over a period of time. Other than his final season Laudrup was sensational for us. It doesn't matter what he did at Bayern or what he did at Chelsea or any other team for that matter. His Rangers legendary status is what he did for us, nobody else.

Even using your own analogy makes no sense. You say Laudrup ran away after 4 or 5 years.... Yet you want to confer legendary status on Jelavic after ONE season. Makes no sense.

Jelavic may have been a success at his previous club but it also can't be forgotten the clubs that Laudrup played with - some of the best clubs in Europe. You can't be just a mediocre player to play with them.

Sorry, much as thou I want you to be proven right in rating Jelavic far higher than Laudrup it would take more than one season to place that honor on him and it would take an extended period of time of very high performances.

I also find it somewhat amusing that you talk about Laudrup as being just great in Scotland due to the poor standards...... The standards of Scottish football now are worse than they were back when Laudrup was here..... So Jelavic won't ever become a legend using your own analogy, correct ?

You have completely misunderstood me Craig or I have typed something to mislead you. I didn't say Jelavic was more of a legend than Laudrup or at least I didn't mean that I just meant that with his play as he is now showing he has the makings to go on to be a legend. I was thinking more in the terms of Prso to be honest. It does only matter what he did with Rangers and he is a Rangers Legend but apart with a few good seasons at Urdening(I think) and his first season at Munich he very rarely got a game for any of the top teams. In the grand level of things he was not a world class player.imo

Frankie - any news from your contacts about this deal ? is it gonna finally happen?

Nothing new to add mate.

I'm just hoping that one of the reasons the Whyte deal may be progressing is because he and the other interested parties may be working closer together.

Everyone considers Laudrup as a legend while he was actually just a mediocre player that ran away to Chelsea after four or five years. I rate Jelavic far higher than Laudrup.

:confused:

Jelavic hasn't come close to a performance that would rank aside Laudrup's 20 best performances.

Hearts final in 1996. Nuff said.