Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

Its hard to run any football team profitably nowadays if you want onfield success.

Porto I think would be a good successful profitable club. Falcao, Hulk and co would make them �£15m + per player and I don't think they would have cost them more than �£7m.

I have been reading between the lines with what Alastair Johnston is saying and he is totally not happy with this deal.

He told BBC Scotland: "A great deal of work has been done by the board and I'm very proud of that.

"I'm confident that the efforts of the board have improved the deal significantly for the benefit of the club. Our views will come out in the future and I'm comfortable with that, but I don't want to stand in the way of progress."

He is saying that like he is a bear with toothache. "Our views will come out in the future?" Surely it was his job to bring out his views before the sale. I think he has been put in place by Murray and is taking the road with the least friction for the club.

I am pretty worried about this deal to be honest

But surely to make money out of us we're going to have to prosper? If there was any sort of quick fix available to get us out of the hole we're in, or even to make SDM a quick buck, do you not think he'd have done it himself by now?

Just playing devil's advocate btw :)

Every pound that Whyte takes out of Rangers is a pound less spent on Rangers, it's that simple.

Venture or perhaps Vulture Capitalists by their very nature chase the quick buck they don't tend to stick around for the long term.

I have been reading between the lines with what Alastair Johnston is saying and he is totally not happy with this deal.

He is saying that like he is a bear with toothache. "Our views will come out in the future?" Surely it was his job to bring out his views before the sale. I think he has been put in place by Murray and is taking the road with the least friction for the club.

In a couple of weeks time you may find the current buzzwords going around Ibrox at the moment namely unmitigated and disaster filling a fair few column inches and coming through the airwaves.

Every pound that Whyte takes out of Rangers is a pound less spent on Rangers, it's that simple.

Venture or perhaps Vulture Capitalists by their very nature chase the quick buck they don't tend to stick around for the long term.

In a couple of weeks time you may find the current buzzwords going around Ibrox at the moment namely unmitigated and disaster filling a fair few column inches and coming through the airwaves.

I guess we will have to wait and see now and pray that we were wrong to worry.

It appears that the Board did indeed reject the deal as it stood last weekend and as a result have been able to improve it, exactly how, no doubt will come out in due course.

I think that Johnston has chosen his words very carefully. Saying that the deal has been improved for the benefit of the Club is some way from saying that it is a good deal for the Club.

Personally I remain of the view that it is nothing of the sort.

Leaving aside �£6 million to Murray for his shares; essentially all that seems to be happening is that CW/Offshore Company lends money to Rangers who use the money to pay off LBG, with say $5m+ left over this year for the war chest and who knows what in coming seasons.

In these circumstances is the �£5m+ a gift or a loan, my strong suspicion is the latter.

So what we need to have is a spreadsheet showing all the terms of the current borrowing in one column and all the terms from Offshore Co. in another. Chances of that..........

sounds like you know what they are/were.....

I know exactly what they are but if I spill the beans a number of people including me are going to be in a great deal of soapy bubble, so I'm sorry but I think it will come out tomorrow.

Best I can say is that IF they are resolved, I now expect the deal to be completed tomorrow, sorry I mean today Friday. (It's been a long day with Europa Cup, Bin Laden, Scottish Election, Rangers takeover [or not]) :yawn:

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo