Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

I think I am right in saying you need 10% of shareholders to call an EGM, which is why SDM can do it and others might find it a tad difficult.

However, the directors or a majority of them, may be able to do it, which would give the "independents" a forum if they wanted it, which I doubt.

Company Law experts please step forward.

May depend on Rangers articles which I have at home, if I ever leave the office tonight :sigh:

Yeah, I'm unsure of the formal requirements.

However, I'd like to think, that if we can get together a 'petition' of several thousand shareholders and season ticket holders, the club may be morally forced into organising such a meeting. More so if, as Paul Murray infers, he wants us to detail our concerns.

Forgive me if I don't believe this.

Like you, I find it difficult to believe (or possibly more accurately offer an educated opinion) on rumours.

While I don't doubt BH's intentions (or indeed his contacts) I'm sure he'll acknowledge that there are people on both sides of the club sale saga that are using people to feed snippets of information which may suit them or may spin the situation in a certain manner at a certain time.

While it makes for good debate to discuss such 'leaks' we're doing no more than speculating really which is probably on information that is already out of date.

As ever, people should treat such rumours with caution and that applies to everyone who posts such stuff - myself included!

I know the same sort of situation happened with Manu and the Glaziers but can someone explain to me how Whyte can take a loan to buy Rangers and pay off Lloyds and the debt comes to Rangers. Surely any loan Whyte takes to buy Rangers would be his? Would Rangers not need to take out the loans to be responsible for them?

I see absolutely no basis for the criticism of the scrutinising committee. If the Whyte bid is suspect then what would you have them do? Ignore the danger and nod it through simply to relieve the anxiety of an impatient support that has no idea whatsoever of the facts involved?

Having spent 22 years under the wrong leadership, I'd rather not take a chance on repeating the exercise. Once the deal goes through there's no way to undo it. As things stand today there's still a choice.

The loans may be secured on the club's assets.

So we would not then be in debt for 19mill but for 55mill with Murray park and Ibrox on the line?

I see absolutely no basis for the criticism of the scrutinising committee. If the Whyte bid is suspect then what would you have them do? Ignore the danger and nod it through simply to relieve the anxiety of an impatient support that has no idea whatsoever of the facts involved?

Having spent 22 years under the wrong leadership, I'd rather not take a chance on repeating the exercise. Once the deal goes through there's no way to undo it. As things stand today there's still a choice.

You do see the paradox in that post though? Whose to say their leadership/judgement isn't poor again here?

Fact is we just don't know. We're asked in the media to sympathise with one bid or t'other. Meanwhile directors say 'if only you knew what we know' - again in the media!

It's a disrespectful shambles and if they are so concerned then I'm hoping to read a full and frank explanation of why this offer has been rejected (if BH's info is true).

So we would not then be in debt for 19mill but for 55mill with Murray park and Ibrox on the line?

Possibly.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no idea how Whyte intends to finance his offer (and overall plans) but as we've said here constantly I doubt the �£52million will be an act of philanthropy from a man we know next to nothing about.

@GrahamSpiers

Right, I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I think the Craig Whyte/RFC deal will be done within the next 36 hours (RFC sources).

At least you can say you have different sources to Smelly Spiers, BH... :thup: