Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

Dunno. David Murray was happy with Whyte's offer. Lloyds was happy with the offer, the board was said to be happy too. Ally was being handed 5 to 10m was last we heard. Most part of the SDM and Lloyds money was in the bank, we were told. The rest was to be put there. Now, "30 seconds before midnight" we are suddenly told the board runs amok? They fear the sack? Now wait, while it sure is prestigious to be a Rangers board member / director, it does not exactly earn these people millions of pounds. And to most it does not matter either. They see the future of the club endangered? Heck, what have THEY done these last few years then? For all their wardancing now, they sure haven't helped the cause of Rangers FC while being directors. If Whyte was a clever chap, he'd simply adopt the share issue stuff to to finance the club ... once he takes over.

Why must it be so complicated?

Meant bull shit sorry mate.

Not a go at you as i dont know you but wait to hear from official sources before worrying about anything.

Official sources seem to come out with as much shit as anyone these days tbh.

der Berliner;253880

"[1] They fear the sack? Now wait, while it sure is prestigious to be a Rangers board member / director, it does not exactly earn these people millions of pounds.

[2] If Whyte was a clever chap, he'd simply adopt the share issue stuff to to finance the club ... once he takes over."

[1] In the case of Bain, it IS a million pounds (a year), so he does have a vested interest; McIntyre must be on a decent salary too; but for the rest it's only a few thousand in director's fees.

[2] My understanding is that Whyte has talked to Paul Murray, a sure sign of the weakness of his (CW's) bid.

[2] My understanding is that Whyte has talked to Paul Murray, a sure sign of the weakness of his (CW's) bid.

How's that? Isn't he supposed to talk to the directors too? As I said before, if these people have the best interest of Rangers in mind, wouldn't they work together to get us away from MIH and Lloyds? Too easy a notion perhaps.

Been on holiday for the last few days so unable to contribute as much as I'd have liked to this until now.

With the ownership issue no clearer and, while it may be a futile gesture, I'd like the support to explore putting together an 'EGM' petition with as many shareholders and season ticket holders as possible calling for such a meeting and an extension to the season ticket renewal deadline (which is late next week).

I, for one, am sick of our club's future being played out via sources and asked to read between the lines in the media. It's well beyond time that our support are treated with the respect our annual investment deserves instead of with the disdain we're usually afforded.

Where better than an official shareholder meeting where the vetting committee can tell us exactly what the problems are while also giving us an opportunity to ask questions. Then we can make up our own minds.

How's that? Isn't he supposed to talk to the directors too? As I said before, if these people have the best interest of Rangers in mind, wouldn't they work together to get us away from MIH and Lloyds? Too easy a notion perhaps.

When he realised his bid was failing, CW tried to get in on PM's share offer.

But I agree with your last comment!

An opportunity to ask Whyte some pertinent questions would be welcome too, no ?

Absolutely. I've written several articles suggesting it's impossible to judge his intentions.

I'm unsure whether or not he could attend such an EGM but if he wants to buy our shares why couldn't he address us to explain why?

Been on holiday for the last few days so unable to contribute as much as I'd have liked to this until now.

With the ownership issue no clearer and, while it may be a futile gesture, I'd like the support to explore putting together an 'EGM' petition with as many shareholders and season ticket holders as possible calling for such a meeting and an extension to the season ticket renewal deadline (which is late next week).

I, for one, am sick of our club's future being played out via sources and asked to read between the lines in the media. It's well beyond time that our support are treated with the respect our annual investment deserves instead of with the disdain we're usually afforded.

Where better than an official shareholder meeting where the vetting committee can tell us exactly what the problems are while also giving us an opportunity to ask questions. Then we can make up our own minds.

I think I am right in saying you need 10% of shareholders to call an EGM, which is why SDM can do it and others might find it a tad difficult.

However, the directors or a majority of them, may be able to do it, which would give the "independents" a forum if they wanted it, which I doubt.

Company Law experts please step forward.

May depend on Rangers articles which I have at home, if I ever leave the office tonight :sigh: