Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

So Healy is gone?

No, not yet. Matter of fact, I would rather keep him than Beattie, who is one of many veteran but journeyman strikers. Yet, Healy at least is also driven by living his dream and I think there are not many footballers who are Bears too who are as desperate to play for and see the club (sic!) succeed than him.

Who? Just reading it now from a Spanish second division side that I have never heard of either. He will join Wigan as Martinez is there. Doesn't really interest me, maybe just getting linked for the sake of it. However another striker and another free transfer....

Yeah, there was a thread either here or on FF, saying that it was pretty common last season to link us with any player who was interesting Bolton, this season/summer it seems to be the case for Wigan folk. I wouldn't mind much about not having heard about people linked with us before, if they perform like Bartley, Weiss, Papac or the like on a consistent level. Mind you, I did not hear/see much about Arteta, Boumsong, Cuellar, Bougherra either ...

I heard about Boumsong a lot especially with Liverpool, him and Mexes at Auxerre. I remember Cuellar scoring against Leverkusen in the UEFA Cup after Osasuna beat us. I think one our scouts was at the match. Arteta maybe played against us when he was at PSG.

Bougherra was a surprise cause I thought he was certain for West Brom.

Our Turkish chums Bursaspor are apparently interested in Steven Whittaker.

If it's to be believed it looks like our Turkish chums are in the market for another mega-bargain signing with reports saying they want him for about a million. Personally, I think Whittaker is likely to just keeping getting better and with him looking like a decent backup for emergency central defence duty as well I can't see Ally being willing to let him go for a bargain basement price like that. Time to get his contract extended and only let him go if we get a very good offer and he wants to leave himself.

I wonder whether the Turks actually know in which players they (according to the Scottish newspapers) are interested in.

That's a good point. We've had a hell of a lot of rumours about Turkish teams wanting our players and only a few of them are valid.

Personally, if we're selling to a Turkish team I'd rather it was to Shota Arveladze at Kayserispor because he was a cracking player and I'd like to see him succeed in management. He shouldn't get players on the cheap, but if he can help us at the same time as us helping him I'm all for it.