Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Another player that could go swanning of to the African Cup of Nations get him signed :P.

Nah not for me don't need injury prone players, especially if our squad is still not exactly full of players.

Israeli striker Tomer Hemed could be Ally McCoist’s first signing of the summer.

The 24-year-old is available on a Bosman having decided to end his time at Maccabi Haifa.

Gers scout John Brown has been impressed with the forward after twice running the rule over him in recent weeks.

McCoist could now swoop to add the striker to his attacking ranks for the new campaign.

Maccabi president Jacob Shachar said: “We know Tomer is going to leave. He has an offer abroad. We have made him an offer to stay, but I don’t think he will.”

Another name on the Gers radar is Lyon star John Mensah.

A fee of around �£1m may be needed to lure the defender from France.

The 28-year-old was on loan at Sunderland last season and his agent, Fabien Piveteau, has said Ibrox could be the Ghana World Cup star’s next destination.

“Rangers have expressed an interest in John,” claimed Piveteau, “but we are looking at other offers and taking into consideration the price tag before making a move.”

Meanwhile, Kenyan internationalist Victor Wanyama has also been linked with a move to the Scottish champions.

The 19-year-old, the brother of Inter Milan star McDonald Mariga, is in Belgium with Germinal Beerschot and has been watched by Hannover and Newcastle.

Diouf wants to stay with Gers

El-Hadji Diouf could be set to stay at Rangers next season.The player said: “As for my future at Rangers, things are looking good.

“Blackburn staying up was one of the main factors. Hopefully it will be sorted as soon. I’m 100% for it.”

Rangers have been told they will have to stump up to keep on-loan Don Ricky Foster.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/israeli-striker-on-ally-mccoist-s-radar-1.1103453

I like the look of the lad Hemed. Two footed and great with his head. 15 goals in his last 22 games with Maccabi Haifa, helping them win their league title. Could be a great signing if we landed him on a Bosman. Thumbs up on that one!! :thup:

I remember us all thinking Sebo was great after watching a you tube film so I am afraid I will judge him when and if he plays for Rangers. He certainly looks good on You tube.

I remember us all thinking Sebo was great after watching a you tube film so I am afraid I will judge him when and if he plays for Rangers. He certainly looks good on You tube.

Sebo is a cracking player when he's on his game pete. When PLG signed him he'd just had a poor season scoring-wise, but the season before that he'd scored 22 league goals in Slovakia. After leaving us he didn't do very well in France either, but he went back to Slovakia again last year and scored 22 league goals in 22 appearances. The guys got 7 goals in a dozen appearances for the Slovakian national side as well. I bet Sebo would do well if he came back here and he had Weiss to talk to in Slovak. ;)

I'm sure Ally won't sign him based on a youtube video:whistle:,I just like to look at players I've never heard of:thup: