Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

IMHO Weiss is a typical winger who blows hot and cold

in saying that I would still sign him in a heartbeat as when he was on his game he was dynamite

like at Fir Park when we won 4-1 i think and his quick thinking in LC Final for goal was immense I couldn't see any of our other players playing ball through that early

Depuis qu’il a annoncÃ?© son dÃ?©part des Glasgow Rangers, Madjid Bougherra ne compte plus les prÃ?©tendants. AprÃ?¨s Kayserispor, Liverpool, Lekhwiya ou Arsenal, c’est au tour de Sunderland de s’intÃ?©resser au dÃ?©fenseur international algÃ?©rien. Le maintien assurÃ?©, les Black Cats prÃ?©parent dÃ?©jÃ?  la saison prochaine. Le GhanÃ?©en John Mensah vraisemblablement renvoyÃ?© Ã?  Lyon, c’est dÃ?©sormais Bougherra qui fait figure de favori dans la short list du club anglais. D’ailleurs, Ã?  en croire News of the World, Sunderland aurait dÃ?©jÃ?  formulÃ?© une offre de 3,5 M€, refusÃ?©e par les champions d’Ecosse.

According to Goodle Translate:

Since he announced his departure from Glasgow Rangers, Madjid Bougherra are countless suitors. After Kayserispor, Liverpool, Arsenal or Lekhwiya, it's time to look at Sunderland Algerian international defender. Insured retention, the Black Cats are already preparing for next season. Ghana's John Mensah presumably returned to Lyons, who is now Bougherra became a favorite in the short list of English club. Moreover, according to News of the World, Sunderland have already made ​​an offer of € 3.5 million, rejected by the Scottish champions.

http://www.afrik.com/breve31223.html

�£4M got us a sensational striker in Jelavic - someone worth every penny and who has become an idol for our fans. Weiss hasn't come close to the same level of accolade and imho �£4M would be far too much for him. You make the point about assists and I can't argue with it, but in the same way Naismith won our POTY and cost �£2M. Which is what I feel Weiss is worth.

Danny, Jelavic was a bargain for �£4m. A total snip! We paid �£2.25m for Jig. We paid �£2.6m for Edu. We paid at least �£3.25m for Lafferty. Weiss is worth �£4m easily. Even taking into account that he's only got 1 year left on his contract, he's still worth well over �£3m. You make the point about Naismith only costing us �£2m, but that's because we bought him from Killie. Southampton are rating that guy Jason Puncheon as a �£2.5m+ player and he couldn't lace Weiss's boots.

Depuis qu’il a annoncÃ?© son dÃ?©part des Glasgow Rangers, Madjid Bougherra ne compte plus les prÃ?©tendants. AprÃ?¨s Kayserispor, Liverpool, Lekhwiya ou Arsenal, c’est au tour de Sunderland de s’intÃ?©resser au dÃ?©fenseur international algÃ?©rien. Le maintien assurÃ?©, les Black Cats prÃ?©parent dÃ?©jÃ?  la saison prochaine. Le GhanÃ?©en John Mensah vraisemblablement renvoyÃ?© Ã?  Lyon, c’est dÃ?©sormais Bougherra qui fait figure de favori dans la short list du club anglais. D’ailleurs, Ã?  en croire News of the World, Sunderland aurait dÃ?©jÃ?  formulÃ?© une offre de 3,5 M€, refusÃ?©e par les champions d’Ecosse.

According to Goodle Translate:

Since he announced his departure from Glasgow Rangers, Madjid Bougherra are countless suitors. After Kayserispor, Liverpool, Arsenal or Lekhwiya, it's time to look at Sunderland Algerian international defender. Insured retention, the Black Cats are already preparing for next season. Ghana's John Mensah presumably returned to Lyons, who is now Bougherra became a favorite in the short list of English club. Moreover, according to News of the World, Sunderland have already made ​​an offer of € 3.5 million, rejected by the Scottish champions.

http://www.afrik.com/breve31223.html

Bougherra, clear off.

EDIT: So we rejected a bid of �£2M or so for him? Interesting.

Edited by Danny

Danny, Jelavic was a bargain for �£4m. A total snip! We paid �£2.25m for Jig. We paid �£2.6m for Edu. We paid at least �£3.25m for Lafferty. Weiss is worth �£4m easily. Even taking into account that he's only got 1 year left on his contract, he's still worth well over �£3m. You make the point about Naismith only costing us �£2m, but that's because we bought him from Killie. Southampton are rating that guy Jason Puncheon as a �£2.5m+ player and he couldn't lace Weiss's boots.

We overpaid for a lot of players basically. I agree Jelavic was a bargain, but I still don't agree Weiss is worth anything like �£4M.

We overpaid for a lot of players basically. I agree Jelavic was a bargain, but I still don't agree Weiss is worth anything like �£4M.

At the end of the day it's all about what Man City think he's worth. If they were willing to sell him to us for what you think he's worth (�£2m) I think we'd be getting a mega mega bargain.

RANGERS and Celtic are both weighing up shock moves for out-of-contract Scotland star James McFadden.

Express Sport has learnt that the Old Firm have both been alerted to ‘Faddy’s’ contract situation after Birmingham City’s shock relegation from the English Premier League.

McFadden has been offered two new deals by the Blues – one if they remained in the top-flight and a vastly-reduced deal if they were relegated to the Championship.

The former Motherwell and Everton player, who is now fully-fit after missing most of the season with a cruciate injury, is now considering his options but is reluctant to re-sign on the terms that are currently on offer.

Rangers and Celtic are both aware of the 28-year-old’s situation and could both beat what Birmingham City have currently tabled.

Blues boss Alex McLeish is keen to keep McFadden but Hoops manager Neil Lennon has been a long-term admirer of him and would welcome the chance to land a player of his quality for nothing for a player who cost Birmingham paid �£5 million to land.

Also new Rangers boss Ally McCoist is also keen on the striker having worked with him in the Scotland set-up. He also feels he would strengthen the Ibrox side’s attacking options.

McFadden was a boyhood Celtic fan but would have no qualms about returning to Scotland to play for the SPL champions.

Read more: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/248498/Old-firm-target-James-McFadden-for-summer-transfer-swoopOld-firm-target-James-McFadden-for-summer-transfer-swoop#ixzz1NFrazkMq

Not sure I fancy McFadden at Rangers. He would take a hefty wage (is he a bosman?) and I'm not sure he has the pace we need in a wide area. Lets face it we're going to be linked with every Scottish Internationalist available.