Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I wouldn't want Burke or Adam back. They both left for a reason - they didn't make the grade at Ibrox. The fact they've done well elsewhere does not change that.

If Adam goes for �£12M he will be the most overpriced Scottish player ever - in the bracket of Tore Andre Flo.

The one ex-player I wouldn't mind back is Hutton who left against his will due to the transfer fee. However, we can no longer afford him.

BTW I'm bricking it that a Welsh team will get promoted - it will be galling if they start pinching our players or out bidding us for others due to having more money. It's bad enough tiny English clubs doing it, but I couldn't bare Welsh clubs being richer than us.

Cardiff's Jay Boothroyd, Brum's Seb Larsson ... both on a free. Add David Vaughan to the list, though he might not be on a free and now that they are down, Blackpool may want hard cash.

Wouldn't it be a steal if we can finally lay "hands on" Niklas Bendtner of Arsenal? He's just declared his interest in leaving the Gunners due to lack of playing time.

I think we should look at making an offer for Weiss,I know I know,but why not?. I have no idea how much he would cost or how much he would want as a salary,but it must be woth looking into,no?.

I think we should look at making an offer for Weiss,I know I know,but why not?. I have no idea how much he would cost or how much he would want as a salary,but it must be woth looking into,no?.

That would be ideal. He's only got 1 year left on his contract, so I think we could maybe get him for under �£4m. I want Ally to buy quality rather than quantity and Weiss is definitely quality.

imo he's not worth �£4M. He's really not that terrific - I think he contributes fairly well but I'm not buying into the reputation he seems to have gained recently.

imo he's not worth �£4M. He's really not that terrific - I think he contributes fairly well but I'm not buying into the reputation he seems to have gained recently.

Weiss got more SPL goal assists than any other player in our team and that's with only playing in 23 games. He started 17 games, came on as a sub in another 6 games and got 9 assists over the 23 appearances as well as scoring 5 goals. Add to that the fact that he managed to get an assist in the Champions League and another in the Europa League despite only getting 3 starts in all of our European games.

I'm really not sure what he's worth, but if we paid �£4m for him and got him signed up for 4 years I'd be delighted and don't think we'd be paying over the odds in today's transfer market.

Weiss got more SPL goal assists than any other player in our team and that's with only playing in 23 games. He started 17 games, came on as a sub in another 6 games and got 9 assists over the 23 appearances as well as scoring 5 goals. Add to that the fact that he managed to get an assist in the Champions League and another in the Europa League despite only getting 3 starts in all of our European games.

I'm really not sure what he's worth, but if we paid �£4m for him and got him signed up for 4 years I'd be delighted and don't think we'd be paying over the odds in today's transfer market.

Also if he developes to his full potential I'm sure he would sell for a bigger fee than �£4

�£4M got us a sensational striker in Jelavic - someone worth every penny and who has become an idol for our fans. Weiss hasn't come close to the same level of accolade and imho �£4M would be far too much for him. You make the point about assists and I can't argue with it, but in the same way Naismith won our POTY and cost �£2M. Which is what I feel Weiss is worth.

I'm with Danny on this one. INO there was times Weiss could flatter to decieve and he would disappear for chunks of games. I would only sign him if it was for around 2M - anymore than that I think would be a huge gamble