Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I've read Man City/Mancini want him to play in a better league than the SPL, i admit the Spanish league is slightly better :)

Yes, I have seen this too, but not seen anywhere say the move to Espanyol is only a loan deal.

Eh? Healy has an awful club goal scoring record.

I'd take Healy as backup but would prefer a better option.

I wasn't asking for him as a first choice, backup is what I meant.

Read this on the BBC gossip page. So Weiss is off to Espanyol is he? I will assume this was dictated by Mancini and is a loan deal. Otherwise Weiss is yet another in a long line of those who say one thing and do another, although he took it much further than any previous player ever has.

Not really anything we can do. His club want him to go elsewhere and are probably not allowing us a chance to negotiate a loan, not Weiss' fault.

Not really anything we can do. His club want him to go elsewhere and are probably not allowing us a chance to negotiate a loan, not Weiss' fault.

I'm not being a bitch, but I don't think Weiss is really good enough to play for Man City. He's a decent winger who did *decent* in the SPL but didn't exactly set the place on fire. I think he's become more of a hit with his pro-Rangers antics since being injured. If I am honest, the SPL is about his level, maybe slightly below. I can't see him being a hit in Spain, albeit attacking players do get much more space than the British game affords them.

There is no need for him to come back just now, he just can refuse to sign a new deal with them cometh the time. Then again, ManC pays a Adebayor 180k per week and if they offer Weiss a new deal, he would be mad to resist it at his age.

Arveladze urged to take a look at Bougherra

Madjid Bougherra's Algerian teammate Karim Ziani, who plays for Turkish club Kayserispor, has urged his manager, former Rangers star Shota Arveladze, to sign his close friend. Ziani said: "I told Arveladze to sign Madjid because Kayserispor are ambitious and want to strengthen the squad. If we want the best, he should get Bougherra - I didn't hesitate for a second to recommend him." (Daily Express)

• Rangers are leading the race to sign Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey. The highly rated 22-year-old is a potential replacement for Vladimir Weiss, but Ally McCoist could face competition from Liverpool, Aston Villa, Birmingham and Bolton for his signature. (The Sun)

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/The-Rumour-Mill-Friday39s-football.6771398.jp

Guest BRIANMC1

I'm a bit sick of hearing this

'Healy is good for back up' line

We have to many 'back up' players as it is .

We need to enhance squad not stand still.

I am not particularly impressed with the calibre of player we are being linked with in the press. Chris Humphrey today, not impressed at all. I'm hoping Ally has a few aces up his sleeve.

I agree with Brian, we need to find players that enhance our team not general squad fillers.

I think we ALL want to enhance the team. However, what you ahve to remember is that if you exclude the youngsters we only have 13 players on the books. Our finances, even though presumably better than they were 6 months ago, probably arent excessive. So whilst we want to improve the team we also have a duty to INCREASE NUMBERS. Therefore players like Healy are suitable guys to have as squad fillers. They are already here and could do a job when called upon.

If we lose the likes of Healy then we really have to REPLACE them, and there are no guarantees that a) we get someone who does as good a job and b) that we can even afford to.

For our reported 10 million available in transfer fees we need to somehow find AT LEAST 5 players and that ignores if we lose any players, such as Healy, if they go elsewhere.