Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I'd love him to stay for a while yet but that sort of money is just too good to turn down. Regardless of how much money Whyte has for McCoist, that sort of cash could make a big difference to the health of the club whether it goes to players or something else behind the scenes.

LIVERPOOL are heading the chase for Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey.

Chris Humphrey has caught the eye of a host of sides south of the border after a string of dazzling displays for the Scottish Cup finalists.

Now Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is considering a shock summer move for the lightning fast wideman.

Dalglish is scouring the market for wingers to supply his �£35m striker Andy Carroll.

Anfield chief Dalglish has been linked with big-money moves for Aston Villa pair Ashley Young and Stewart Downing but is weighing up Humphrey as a cheaper option.

Liverpool are expected to run the rule over him again at the Scottish Cup Final against Celtic at Hampden a week tomorrow – but they won’t be the only ones.

Bitter rivals Everton, who were keen on Humphrey when he left Shrewsbury in 2009, will again check out the �£1m-rated starlet whose contract runs out next summer.

Bolton, Birmingham, Newcastle, Swansea and Rangers are also interested and due to assess Humphrey, who was born in Kingston, Jamaica.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/190736/Liverpool-will-get-the-Humph/

Jelavic is a first class player but is still relatively unproven. As such, I don't really believe any team (far less Man Utd) would want to spend that much on a player who only arrived less than a year ago for a third of that figure.

I just hope if teams are interested, he doesn't take the same stand as he did while at Rapid when we wanted him... :(

Relatively unproven in terms of the big stage, but a consistent goal scorer over the past few years and now leading the line for Croatia. At 24, a player like Jelavic is easily worth the figures mentioned. *if* this story has any truth to it then Fergie (who clearly knows a player, proven or not) will be aware that we're not in the shit anymore and he'll need to pay if he wants the big man. Not the most far fetched rumour I'd venture.

Had any EPL manager seen him play for Vienna like he did for us (which they apparently didn't), we would not have seen a Jelavic at Ibrox.

Good for us is the money involved, as he's on a long term deal, a full international and "on fire". Anothe goal or two to clinch the title will see interest from down south, be it ManU or someone else. They can all shift in with some big bids and even if 6m are involved, we may have to think about this. Not as hard as 14 days ago, but still. If they'd offer us Berbatov too (remember his wages though) and some money, I'd still say yes. But honestly, we'll have to wait and see and if he is being part of a title winning side for the first time in his career on Sunday, thing might not be as clear cut as they might seen to some on here (me included) just now.

Humphreys ... can't see Liverpool really looking at the chap, all the rest may be, but Liverpool?