Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Jelavic ... you know, I wonder how teams think they can offer us peanuts for our stars when we can read articles like this one too:

Chelsea have begun negotiations to sign �£15m-rated striker Romelu Lukaku, 17, from Anderlecht, on the condition that the Belgian club can secure the signing of Genk winger Kevin De Bruyne for �£5m.

Jela has only just arrived and I doubt that this 17-year-old is as good as him nor has a 10-year contract at Anderlecht to warrant such a fee. If the EPl comes calling and wants to deal with us, they should do so with mega-bugs or stay away.

Anyways, this Jela rumour is just that, a rumour. And it comes at a very important time in the title race. Much like the Bougherra stuff.

Rumour on FF has it that Craig Conway was at Murray Park with his agent yesterday to become our first signing for next season. (Just relating this story, no idea whether true or not ... wouldn't mind him coming, since he can deliver a cross, is a freebie and wouldn't command high wages. Could bring Russell, Swanson, Dillon (or was it Dixon?) and Goodwillie along ... )

Rumour on FF has it that Craig Conway was at Murray Park with his agent yesterday to become our first signing for next season. (Just relating this story, no idea whether true or not ... wouldn't mind him coming, since he can deliver a cross, is a freebie and wouldn't command high wages. Could bring Russell, Swanson, Dillon (or was it Dixon?) and Goodwillie along ... )

Definitely not Dillon! ;)

Dixon is a decent left back but like Wallace at Hearts is better going forward than defending. I think Papac offers a better balance but perhaps a freshness there may be agreeable for next season.

Swanson and Russell were both superb at Ibrox the other week while Goodwillie is a fine prospect. Conway I'm less enthused by and I'd want him least despite his greater experience.

Generally, I'd hope we can set our sights higher than any of these players.

Dixon clocked up 3 assists yesterday, let's hope he doesn't do so again on Tuesday.

FF names numerous links in today's press ...

- Spurs want McGregor for 5m (NotW)

- Ivan Ivanov (Vladikavkas, defender) for about 2m

- Andreas Granqvist (Groningen, Swede, defender) for 2,5m

... well, well.

If we are dipping into the SPL for players top of list (and it would be a short list from the SPL) would be Eremenko from Killie. I think he would fit into our midfield fine.

If we are dipping into the SPL for players top of list (and it would be a short list from the SPL) would be Eremenko from Killie. I think he would fit into our midfield fine.

Not technically dipping into the SPL as he is only on loan ;) but yes, I rate him as a player too

I wasn't impressed with him today. Faded out of the game and made too many selfish choices. Don't think he's Rangers quality.

I wasn't impressed with him today. Faded out of the game and made too many selfish choices. Don't think he's Rangers quality.

He was chased and kicked by Timothy's hammer throwers all day long. No wonder that he did not make that great an impact (with the quality about him). When put alongside other quality people, one might see a better Eremenko too.