Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

As I said I have no problem with Healy as backup.

A lot of rumours do indeed turn into transfers. Just generally unimpressed with the rumours I have been for the past 3 years though. I don't want us to go after SPL/Championship players like Humphrey and Puncheon (Southampton fans don't rate him and think he is worth �£250k rather than �£2.5m, we would be total mugs if we thought about that). The only SPL player I would consider is Goodwillie but unsure about his situation about his court case. Lee Wallace I'm unsure about as well.

In my eyes we need about 7 players or more but the chairman and reports say we are only looking for 4 or 5.

As I said I have no problem with Healy as backup.

A lot of rumours do indeed turn into transfers. Just generally unimpressed with the rumours I have been for the past 3 years though. I don't want us to go after SPL/Championship players like Humphrey and Puncheon (Southampton fans don't rate him and think he is worth �£250k rather than �£2.5m, we would be total mugs if we thought about that). The only SPL player I would consider is Goodwillie but unsure about his situation about his court case. Lee Wallace I'm unsure about as well.

In my eyes we need about 7 players or more but the chairman and reports say we are only looking for 4 or 5.

If we managed to get 5 players who enhance the TEAM then that would do for me. They would be replacing guys who have just won us the league. Again, that would do for me. The guys being replaced have experienced the pressures of winning us titles. Dont forget we MIGHT be getting 7 players - I believe that the "4 or 5" quoted is additional numbers, so if we lose a player then 4 becomes 5, if we then sell a player then it becomes 6 new players. I think the 4 or 5 is NET of any sales or departures.

Also, not sure I agree that a lot of the rumours turn into transfers. How many of us were aware of Diouf coming ? How many of us thought Weiss was headed to Celtic ?

We will be linked with a LOT of players by the media this summer simply because we now seem to have some cash to spend.

Link please. Or is it not on their mainsite.

Or if you could quote him at all.

1st Team Regular

Default Goodwillie Rangers bound

Admin i can give you my source but have just heard he is signing for the Gers

The guy that posted this said he has spoken to Goodwillies' uncle and dad and they say he is signing for us??.

That old chestnut :D. I'll take a reserved view at the moment.

Link please. Or is it not on their mainsite.

Or if you could quote him at all.

Sorry, went offline after that. Ian quoted the correct poster. I didn't comment on the veracity of the rumour, just that he seemed extremely confident. As is always the way, take the rumours with a pinch of salt.