Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

Playing for Michael Laudrup, interesting.

Anyway, I felt that he might change his mind and he has because of the continual delays, shame his loss. I wish we would keep our transfers quiet though. Possible agent pushing best deal for himself as well methinks.

Guest hurricane_dj

Well this was dragging on to long for him to sign if he was going to he would have before now. Not hitting panic stations yet but we are just over a month away from the new season, and yet in my opinion to bolster the squad need 2 or 3 center backs, a couple of wide players and another consistent striker.

Defense we all know the issues likely no Bougherra or Weir, thus making center defense a priority. Now although we are making moves for Cuellar, there still remains doubt in our bid for Bartley and nothing more has been heard from the Wilson situation.

A couple of decent wide players also I feel is a priority as at times when we need to we don't have any wide players that can help us open up a game, thus making us an easy team to stop in Europe, not that Walters tactics helped either. Conway I dont feel is good enough when it comes to Europe and there is speculation he will probably end up in the championship anyway.

A also feel we need a striker and a think Ally feels this as well or we would not have moved for Hemad, and until his trial is sorted Goodwillie is not an option, look at Thomson at Hearts although different cases the end game is the same we dont want to bring a player in only for him to then bring the club into disrepute and then be put in a difficult situation.

All in all there is plenty of talk but what seems little movement, hopefully the additions brought in Smith and Russell will speed things up as a feel the longer it takes before we sign players the harder the season will be.