Hang your heads in shame

Guest scotranger

No what I mean is that the statement says -

... then goes on to say -

The two statements contradict one-another.

I don't think that they do contradict each other. The second statement appears to come from some sort of summary but they probably feel unable to assess the reasonableness of it without seeing the detail that makes it up.

Irrespective if Rangers owe Wavetower �£18 million or not, with this transaction, we are still at greater risk than what we were previously.

Because Wavetower have been specifically set up to fund and run Rangers, any liquidation or administration they suffer will hit our Club and we will be deemed as being in the same terms on a footballing side (See Southampton Leisure Holdings). This was NOT the case under MIH as MIH had other interests.

So......if Wavetower have borrowed the �£18 million (I would bet my hat collection they have), even if our liabilities show �£0 at the 30th June 2011, we are nowhere near out of trouble.

Interesting take on it.

I'm not familar with the details of the Southampton case but assuming that there is minimal transactions in Wavetower (just the debt in and out) then it shouldn't have too much effect on us, but it all depends on the plans for Wavetower, I guess.

Support for SDM on this site is a rare occurance, but as usual, you have to keep the faith as some of the moderators seem think that they have a 'direct' pipeline to knowledge and any attempt at 'discussion' is deemed un-Rangers like.

Which is probably the reason for whole-hearted criticism of the internet forums is justified, no matter what team you support.

I'd consider myself reasonably neutral when it comes to SDM. I think he did a lot of great work for this club but a few mistakes and gambles have resulted in his tenure ending in a negative fashion. Therefore it is difficult to blame anyone for criticising the latter part of Murray's reign in particular.

As for 'direct pipelines to knowledge' well that's not really fair. A few of us on the forum (mods or not actually) do have certain people they may trust to have 'inside' info' on the club. Sometimes such info is accurate - other times it's not. Mainly though the information is worth discussing out of interest at the very least. Similarly, a few of us have worked directly with SDM in the past so are able to make further learned judgements from that. That's not to say these judgements are wholly accurate though.

Finally, your accusation that attempts at discussion are deemed un-Rangers like I'm struggling to understand. Even though you've only been on the forum for a couple of months, I'm sure you've read a wide variety of posts and opinions on any given subject - not to mention the articles the main site publishes. Just because an admin or mod may have a specific opinion doesn't mean the site does per se or that discussion is not permitted.

To be absolutely clear all discussion and all opinions are welcome on this site - as long as they are conveyed in the spirit of mature debate. Disagreement is healthy and any website would be a boring place if everyone agreed or mods didn't encourage debate.

My view on SDM is one off he was good for about the first 10 or 12 years and then it just went down hill. The last 10 years have been shocking at times, the lies and rubbish he has fed us via the media.

So yes we all likes him when he was spending money but not the last 10 years with the lies.

My view on SDM is one off he was good for about the first 10 or 12 years and then it just went down hill. The last 10 years have been shocking at times, the lies and rubbish he has fed us via the media.

So yes we all likes him when he was spending money but not the last 10 years with the lies.

That's true but, with the benefit of hindsight, I'm more angry at him for the first 10 years.

Of course 9IAR is something we will all remember forever but his short-term outlook and failure to invest long-term in our future while we had good income streams is his biggest failing looking back for me.

The last 10 years have been full of crap but he will point to maintaining our competitiveness on the park as evidence of his continued success. Fair enough but when you add in fiscal risks, poor supporter relationships and other issues then it only shows him to have been a mediocre custodian as opposed to the legend he should have been.

sdm has made good managerial apointments that have rescued him from serious serious flack.

eck winning more than mon is one example a stunning achievment during a period of turmoil and of course walters similar feats.

without that sdm would have little to no support i feel.

Most of our support could take the financial restraints placed on the club over the last few years mainly because we were still winning, thanks to Walter and Co. If we had been losing I'm sure our stoic attitude may have been different. But i believe it was the total lack of fight from our hierarchy towards our enemies was somewhat stinking in our craws, that's why i think a lot of the support will never forgive SDM for.

sdm has made good managerial apointments that have rescued him from serious serious flack.

eck winning more than mon is one example a stunning achievment during a period of turmoil and of course walters similar feats.

without that sdm would have little to no support i feel.

Picking the right men for the job is a positive part of course so on that part he made good decisions.

without that sdm would have little to no support i feel.[/QUOTE]

It's one of those things we cant say for defo as somebody else might have done the same in terms of giving money but been better at running the club.

That's true but, with the benefit of hindsight, I'm more angry at him for the first 10 years.

Of course 9IAR is something we will all remember forever but his short-term outlook and failure to invest long-term in our future while we had good income streams is his biggest failing looking back for me.

The last 10 years have been full of crap but he will point to maintaining our competitiveness on the park as evidence of his continued success. Fair enough but when you add in fiscal risks, poor supporter relationships and other issues then it only shows him to have been a mediocre custodian as opposed to the legend he should have been.

Spot on mate, but we as fans were been fed the lies that he was paying for this from his own money, we could not have known at that point what he had in store for us.