Suspended Rangers chief executive Martin Bain is to take those responsible for the decision to end his time at Ibrox to court.

Bain's action will be in relation to an alleged breach of contract.

He said: "I was not pleasant for me or my family to read in newspapers that I had been replaced and never to return to the club I have served with pride."

There has not yet been any official confirmation that his tenure at the club has ended.

But Rangers owner Craig Whyte was quoted in several of the weekend newspapers, stating that there was no way back at the club for Bain or finance director Donald McIntyre, who was also suspended following his takeover.

In a statement released through his lawyers, Bain added: "I would like to thank everyone for their messages of support and for those in the wider Rangers family who have expressed their disappointment in the way my situation has been dealt with.

"Serving RFC for the last 15 years has been a privilege and although we have had tough times I have always had the loyal support of our fans and supporters.

"I will now hand matters over to my legal advisors.

"Those responsible will have the opportunity to explain what they have done and why in court.

"I would hope not to comment further now that I have instructed legal proceedings and will leave matters to my advisors."

Loved the line in bold.

Loved the line in bold.

I think this prove the point that the old board and SDM were so deaf and blind to the voice of the fans, and with the rhetoric coming from CW, Gordon Smith and Ally, well, it’s an acute change in the attitude from the powers that be at Ibrox

If we're to believe what Whyte is saying, Bain effectively sealed his own P45 by agreeing to the IRB statement that came out just after the takeover was completed. The outcome of the internal investigation will certainly be interesting but given the legal proceedings now initiated by Bain, I doubt we'll get wind of it for a while yet.

Guest Dutchy

I this were to go to court, then it's a bad, bad things. Maybe not so much for the club as I believe that Craig Whyte has done his homework and has some good evidence against Bain. But then again, it seems only to be at a consultation stage and may just be a very poor attempt at gaining some respect.

Rnagers respond to Bain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13838694.stm

Rangers respond to Martin Bain legal claims

Page last updated at 17:22 GMT, Monday, 20 June 2011 18:22 UK

Martin Bain Bain was suspended by new Rangers owner Craig Whyte

Rangers have responded to suspended chief executive Martin Bain's intention to take legal action against those who ended his tenure at the Ibrox club.

Bain has said he will challenge an alleged breach of contract.

Rangers maintain that Bain was invited to a meeting with an independent investigator, but has declined.

The club statement said: "It has recently come to light, as late as last week, that he (Bain) had tendered his resignation in March."

Earlier, Bain released a statement declaring his intention to pursue legal action and said he was unhappy at the manner in which Rangers had dealt with him.

Continue reading the main story

We are surprised that Martin Bain has issued a statement in respect of his employment relationship with the club as it has recently come to light, as late as last week, that he had tendered his resignation in March

Rangers statement

Bain said: "I was not pleasant for me or my family to read in newspapers that I had been replaced and never to return to the club I have served with pride."

There has not yet been any official confirmation that his tenure at the club has actually ended, although the club statement insists he had offered his resignation in March.

But Rangers owner Craig Whyte was quoted in several of the weekend newspapers, stating that there was no way back at the club for Bain or finance director Donald McIntyre, who was also suspended following his takeover.

Monday's statement from Rangers in full read: "We are surprised that Martin Bain has issued a statement in respect of his employment relationship with the club as it has recently come to light, as late as last week, that he had tendered his resignation in March.

"We were investigating the circumstances surrounding that purported resignation and a number of other serious allegations and are seeking his response to a number of legitimate questions we have of him.

"We had hoped that Mr Bain would attend a meeting with an independent investigator this Friday and hope that he will reconsider his refusal to attend this meeting."

In a statement released through his lawyers, Bain added: "I would like to thank everyone for their messages of support and for those in the wider Rangers family who have expressed their disappointment in the way my situation has been dealt with.

"Serving RFC for the last 15 years has been a privilege and although we have had tough times I have always had the loyal support of our fans and supporters.

"I will now hand matters over to my legal advisors.

"Those responsible will have the opportunity to explain what they have done and why in court.

"I would hope not to comment further now that I have instructed legal proceedings and will leave matters to my advisors."

Bain's lawyer Peter Watson told BBC Scotland Rangers' statement was "full of factual errors", adding "Rangers (would be) well advised to reserve their position for Court."

Would love to know what fan support he's talking about. Because it's no Rangers fans I know a muppet of a man taking home 600K a year and let's a 2mill tax bill go unnoticed. Just go away Bain what did he seriously think would happen when Whyte took over a pat on the head and just carry on as normal.

Instead he drags the club he supposedly loves through the courts for the rabid tims and the media to laugh and rub their hands with glee (am sure Jackson is sitting with a big smile on his face) as they wait to get tore in. You never were or ever will be one of us you baldy c*#t you stand for everything that was wrong behind the scenes at Ibrox in the last 5 years. Rant over feel better now.

Guest Dutchy

I think he was just recently upgraded to �£600,000 a year after reportedly taking a much lower wage during our finacial troubles. These troubles will not be helped by us having to fight a court case against our very own self proclaimed 'white knight'(Bain. not Craig Whyte).

Personally, I don't see why he's so surprised by being thrown out by a now owner, especially after the release of the statement by the board, dissing Whyte???