Then they've been stupid, greedy, or infinitely unlucky. Not things you should or can factor in - the first two aren't worth your sympathy and the last is just incalculable.

But that is a complete change in the debate Barry, and you know it.

I would agree that they are any one of a number of the above things. However, it doesnt negate the possibility that it is the position he may find himself in and therefore could quite plausibly explain why he left Rangers to go to Bursa for the money.

Remember, this started out as being a "Kenny Miller could still have been very rich playing for Rangers" debate. Which is true - but it isnt necessarily fact that he either is rich or would be rich by staying.

Hopefully you see the point I am trying to make.

You're also dealing in "what ifs" then. Well what if he invested wisely what he earned previously in his career and is now the richest man on the planet????

There are no indications he is struggling financially. Therefore I stand by my original point that was arguing agains the idea that Kenny Miller doesn't have a pot to piss in. I initially argued against some highly improbably hypothetical argument by another poster. We can only deal in what we "know" and at the moment there is no indication that Miller has money troubles so to make excuses for him as that poster did holds no water with me. I have more respect for those arguments which say that at 4x his wages he would be stupid not to move. There is an position I can see and agree with.

Correct, I AM dealing with what ifs. However, you tried to suggest that it is FACT that he is rich. Whenever there is a what if it means that what you suggest as fact may not in fact be the case.

To say that the notion that Kenny Miller is not rich is suggesting it as fact that he is. Whilst that is highly probable it is not fact, unless you know his personal financial situation.

Yes, he COULD be rich beyond his wildest dreams. Equally he could be living paycheck to paycheck. Do you know ? No more than I do.

My point is that we have NO IDEA if he is rich and, therefore, lambasting him for leaving for money, because he supposedly has plenty, is unfair.

What indications are there that he is loaded then ? Whilst I agree there are none that suggest he is poor, what indications are there that he is rich ? Again, you dont know. He probably has a nice big house, he has his Bentley etc etc - how do you know they arent on tick ?

Floyd Mayweather has grossed massive amounts in PPV rates, and made huge amounts of money boxing - yet he still missed car payments earlier this year. Just because you SEE the nice things some rich people have, doesnt make it that they have paid for them.

For clarification.... I personally think Miller IS loaded - however, it isnt as cut and dried as you want to see it because we simply dont know. Much goes on behind closed doors.

OK, so you say "lets deal in what we know". So what do we know ? We know he gets paid very well. That is it. Nothing more, nothing less. Can you tell me whether his salary is an indication of him being rich ? No, it isnt. If his expenses rise to meet income then he is no better off than you or I.

Personally I believe that he moved for money primarily, but I also suspect that part of his decision was that he felt he was being offered derisory terms by Rangers. Even if he was offered 13k a week which is a hefty salary, people have a tendency to compare themselves to their peers. If Miller did this then he was being underpaid by comparison (or the others were being overpaid).

Far too much serious debate going on here. Miller is too faking ugly ever to be allowed into the new Rangers. A dreadful dreadful face on him.

Apparently we're interested in David Vaughan -

david-vaughan.jpg

PS I'm not sure I believe a word of what I'm saying, but it changes up the debate a bit.

You dont. Fact :D Ergo, I win..

You're as bad as one-another. Arguing backwards and forwards with points of view that you don't even believe in. Sound like bloody lawyers! :fish:

You're as bad as one-another. Arguing backwards and forwards with points of view that you don't even believe in. Sound like bloody lawyers! :fish:

Fitting I'm starting a law degree (if I finish this bloody one) ;)

Fitting I'm starting a law degree (if I finish this bloody one) ;)

Nice one Barry. I wish I had done law when younger, would have loved to have become a lawyer.

I assume you will only be doing pro bono work though ;)

Nice one Barry. I wish I had done law when younger, would have loved to have become a lawyer.

I assume you will only be doing pro bono work though ;)

I'll be representing myself more like mate. I doubt it'll work out, I'll become a rock star first and it'll all have been in vain.

A completely late reply to this thread.

I am undecided on Miller possibly coming back. On one hand he was absolutely fantastic for us and winning the GB after only half a season gives some idea of his form, albeit he was absolutely mince in the CL. One the other hand he showed zero loyalty and left to get more money.

Now, it's true that what we offered was clearly inadequate, and we couldn't afford any more, so he was arguably left with no option.

A fit and fully up and running Miller Jelavic partnership could be absolutely electric, or might not work on any level.

This is one rambling inconsistent mess of a post.

Like I say, I can't decide.