In other words "blue tinted glasses" which means you don;t look at the situation objectively

Since when did objectivity become a virtue? I'm not buying a car or choosing a political party. I'm a Rangers supporter. Show me an objective person and I'll show you a person subjectively choosing to be objective. In this case there's no need.

Edited by bmck

Since when did objectivity become a virtue? I'm not buying a car or choosing a political party. I'm a Rangers supporter. Show me an objective person and I'll show you a person subjectively choosing to be objective. In this case there's no need.

You've got to be when talking and thinking about players. this crazy notion of "every Rangers player should stay with us forever" is baffling to me

For you perhaps. Not for everyone. And would you be quite so loyal if the fire service, for instance, were offering to quadruple your police wages ? Maybe you would, but there is every chance you would be in the minority.

If I was playing for Rangers and winnings trophies and someone came in for me offering me quadruple wages then I'd knock it back.......unless it was Arsenal or Barcelona. That said, I can't see myself fitting into the Barcelona team. They don't suit my style! :D

That is not always the case though. Some see it as a new venture,life changing opportunity and most clubs these days do provide a lot of help with the wives/families. Remember we also take players away from their homes and they all seem to manage.

I doubt if Mrs Miller and her children would have found been stuck in Turkey without speaking the language a new venture and life changing opportunity. In fact I will almost bet my bottom dollar on it that that is the reason he wants back to Scotland. For the player it is possibly a new venture as he is away training and meeting people. I think it was the boy Duffy whose wife said she could not settle in Cardiff in Blue Heaven the other night and most people would speak English there. As taking players away from their home managing, yes they do as they are living the dream and have plenty of contact outside the home. Players wives are put in a house or Hotel have no friends about to talk to except on the phone. Can you imagine Mrs Miller going down to the local Supermarket to meet people and everyone babbling in a foreign language. I think it was the Gary O'Conner? who had the same problem with his wife in Russia, she couldn't settle either. There will be Wives who do settle but in my own experience not many will where there is a huge cultural and Language barrier.

Why all the bad feeling towards Miller??,he rattled away 22 goals up to January to help us retain the the title and get 3 in a row,why did Rangers not reward him with a decent offer of contract??. Miller leaving isn't solely down to him IMO, I could be wrong of course!!!

You've got to be when talking and thinking about players. this crazy notion of "every Rangers player should stay with us forever" is baffling to me

I don't have to be. Maybe the club, and the agents, and the players do - they've all got to look after their own interests and deal with reality as they see it. My job's just to want what's best for me, as a Rangers supporter. That means wanting the good players to stay, and the bad players to go, and to demand that happens insofar as I can. When you start being 'objective' you usually find you've stumbled into someone else's point of view as they're acting on their own interests.

Like I said - I don't hold it against KM that he acted in his own interests rather than mine. But it'd be silly for me to swap my interests for his. He wants to want what's good for KM, I want him to want what's good for Rangers. It's a compliment really that I wanted him to want to stay at Rangers.

Just because I don't actually think every player will stay at us, it's my job to think they should. We're the only club in the world worth playing your football at.

Edited by bmck

I think Ally should ask him what he wants to make a return to Rangers,knowing that he is unhappy in at Bursaspor,and offer him as little as we can and see what his response is.