what if rangers were offering you a pay cut and short contract.

what if they were in the business of selling there best players on a regular basis.

Are you asking me if I'd stick by my club when they were in dire straits and needed me most?

As much as I like imagining I'm having to decide whether I'm going to stay at Rangers or not, it's straying from the point. The point is not whether Kenny Miller acted sensibly in his own interests, which is what he probably did - but whether we should be trying to see things from Kenny Miller's point of view or not. He has enough people looking after his interests, I'm only concerned with Rangers and what's best for us. I think people should want to play for Rangers for 30k a year, never mind a week. I'm a fan, that's how I'm meant to think.

So, wanting the best for Rangers, you would take him back, correct ?

Yup, like I said earlier - money being right and appropriate to his age etc.

You wanting the best for Rangers is, intuitively, what is also best for you as a Rangers fan. Kenny Miller did what he felt was best for him. No harm in it.

Precisely my point from the start. But I'm a Rangers fan, so if mine and Kenny's interest collide, I'm sticking with mine - so he's wrong.

What is also being forgotten in the mix is that Rangers were as culpable as Miller with this because they didnt tie him down on a contract extension sooner and their offer was considered derisory.

Yeah, was pissed at Murray too for letting us get into that situation. Not KM's problem, not mine either. He should sign derisory contracts, the club should offer a better one - it's all the same to me.

Anyway, I have packing to do for my Vegas trip. And you have studying to do - so get back to it Barry !

ENJOY MAN! Lucky bassa!

I'm suitably rebuked and back to writing about transvesite Heracles and Roman politics.

Are you asking me if I'd stick by my club when they were in dire straits and needed me most?

As much as I like imagining I'm having to decide whether I'm going to stay at Rangers or not, it's straying from the point. The point is not whether Kenny Miller acted sensibly in his own interests, which is what he probably did - but whether we should be trying to see things from Kenny Miller's point of view or not. He has enough people looking after his interests, I'm only concerned with Rangers and what's best for us. I think people should want to play for Rangers for 30k a year, never mind a week. I'm a fan, that's how I'm meant to think.

no football player will ever act like a fan and play for peanuts(also while k miller quite possibly loves rangers hes more likley a hibs fan). k miller was the best player we had in jan and we offered him a paycut. very very few people would have acted any differently to kenny in january.

no football player will ever act like a fan and play for peanuts(also while k miller quite possibly loves rangers hes more likley a hibs fan). k miller was the best player we had in jan and we offered him a paycut. very very few people would have acted any differently to kenny in january.

Like I said, I don't think it's our job to look at the reality of what's most likely to occur. Or what he's most likely to do. Or what other footballers would do. It's inevitable people are going to blow themselves up in misguided attempts to get to a paradise of virgins. It's not our job to see it from his point of view. It's our job to demand and expect people to what's best for us, as fans. In this case it meant him staying, because he was playing well. It's not like I'm pissed off at him for doing it. He just made a mistake. Once he realises he ought always to be doing what we as fans most want, he'll be back on the path of goodnes and light.

Do you know how much of a pension they believe you need to have to live comfortably in retirement ? Dependent upon projections, to have a reasonably comfortable pension you apparently need 3-5 million.

Millionaire's spend money too - we dont know Miller's financial situation. He could have made some horrid investments (just look at Nicolas Cage), and dont have a pot to piss in. So it could quite easily be related to Miller.

We also now appear to be suggesting Miller will retire at the end of his playing days. I highly doubt that. But if he does retire at say 36 good luck to him.

I'm sorry but I just refuse to by that a man who has been the subject of about �£10mil in transfer fees and has been paid in excess of �£10k as a basic wage since probably at least his first Rangers spell (bearing in mind he spent a few years in the prem prob earning double that).

Throw in bonuses. Throw in any kind of marketing and sponsorship.

It is frankly laughable to suggest Miller needed to go to Bursaspor to secure his families financial stability.

Agreed. The question of loyalty when you are being offered a paycut is laughable.

Agreed. The question of loyalty when you are being offered a paycut is laughable.

No it's not. If you have a worthwhile employer who's going through hard times, and you're happy and well paid even with the pay cut, then it's not laughable at all. That happens in the real world, if we're determined to look at this from KM's perspective rather than our own. Given that he wouldn't mind coming back doesn't seem that far fetched either. There are more important things than money...

I'm also equally pissed at the board for not giving him the money and chancing the title. The whole question is whose perspective do you look things from: what's best for KM? what's best for the moneymen at Rangers? what's best for you as a fan? They're all looking out for their own interests, and so what I think should happen is just whatever I think is best for Rangers. He either should have got the money or taken a paycut, it's irrelevant to me which, and both parties made the mistake of not getting the best outcome for the fans.

Anyway, guy's gone now. C'est la vie.

Edited by bmck

I understand what Barry is saying but it is very difficult to break it down like that IMO.

To say that "I am a Rangers fan so every player should want to play for us for all of their playing days" is too simplistic, again IMO. Either that or Pauline cant be a happy camper when her and Barry have an argument..... because in Barry's eyes she will always be wrong, because she refuses to see it from his point of view :thup:

i think so. loyalty is a two way street. where was rangers loyalty to the player who took the stick from rangers fans and celtc fans to return to rangers. who helped deliver 3 titles in a row and who was playing his heart out for the team at the very minute he was being offered a pay cut.

i dont like what rangers have been over the last 2 years or so though i understand alot of it was necessary.