hard times. we were turning huge profits. largly of the back of the players efforts and kenny key amongst thoose.

We were under a bank imposed wage structure. But I'm not defending the club. You can blame the club if you want, that's fine by me. But we were turning huge profits (no we weren't) off the fans money. The best outcome for the fans should've happened - it didn't. KM, the board, who cares - wrong outcome - their fault.

We also now appear to be suggesting Miller will retire at the end of his playing days. I highly doubt that. But if he does retire at say 36 good luck to him.

I'm sorry but I just refuse to by that a man who has been the subject of about �£10mil in transfer fees and has been paid in excess of �£10k as a basic wage since probably at least his first Rangers spell (bearing in mind he spent a few years in the prem prob earning double that).

Throw in bonuses. Throw in any kind of marketing and sponsorship.

It is frankly laughable to suggest Miller needed to go to Bursaspor to secure his families financial stability.

No, it isnt. You have no more idea about his financial state than any of the rest of us. You have no idea what he invests in.

I would suggest that over his career Nicholas cage has made multiples of what Kenny Miller has, and he is now flat broke. Toni Braxton is another. Or how about Donald Trump becoming a billionaire and still ultimately filing for bankruptcy ?

Not quite so laughable when you consider that everyone can be prone to making bad decisions.

I am not saying Miller is broke, not by any stretch. But to suggest it is laughable just because you are adding up his income over the years is ignoring other variables and/or just looking at it from a personalised standpoint of "he is making oodles more than me therefore must be doing OK because if I was on his money I would be doing OK"

Even rich people, richer than Kenny Miller could ever hope to be, go broke.

last year we repaid 13 million in debt. you cant do that with out huge profits.

It's not profit when you're forced into paying off debt. Debt becomes an expenditure. Again, you can think the club made an arse of it more than KM, that's your perogative. I just don't care - one of them should've budged, neither did.

I understand what Barry is saying but it is very difficult to break it down like that IMO.

Kenny Miller managed to see it purely from his own point of view. His agent seen it from his point of view. The board seen it from their point of view. Everyone saw things in terms of their own best interest aparts from us - we get caught in the dialogue about whether Kenny Miller or The Board's interests are more worthy, yet we (the royal we, the ones who actually cough up lots of money) pay all of their wages.

To say that "I am a Rangers fan so every player should want to play for us for all of their playing days" is too simplistic, again IMO.

It's really not. It's perfectly sensible. Just because I don't think they will want to play for us, I think they should. We're the only team worth playing for.

Either that or Pauline cant be a happy camper when her and Barry have an argument..... because in Barry's eyes she will always be wrong, because she refuses to see it from his point of view :thup:

We don't argue ;) But the case is not the same. The relationship I have with Pauline is different to the relationship I have with Rangers. Our job as fans is simple - to demand. All we can ever be, because we have no access to power, is a pressure group. That involves always seeing things in your own interest, even when in reality it can't/won't occur. Being reasonable is just seeing things from the point of view of someone else's reasoning.

PS I'm not sure I believe a word of what I'm saying, but it changes up the debate a bit.

Edited by bmck

Then they've been stupid, greedy, or infinitely unlucky. Not things you should or can factor in - the first two aren't worth your sympathy and the last is just incalculable.

No, it isnt. You have no more idea about his financial state than any of the rest of us. You have no idea what he invests in.

I would suggest that over his career Nicholas cage has made multiples of what Kenny Miller has, and he is now flat broke. Toni Braxton is another. Or how about Donald Trump becoming a billionaire and still ultimately filing for bankruptcy ?

Not quite so laughable when you consider that everyone can be prone to making bad decisions.

I am not saying Miller is broke, not by any stretch. But to suggest it is laughable just because you are adding up his income over the years is ignoring other variables and/or just looking at it from a personalised standpoint of "he is making oodles more than me therefore must be doing OK because if I was on his money I would be doing OK"

You're also dealing in "what ifs" then. Well what if he invested wisely what he earned previously in his career and is now the richest man on the planet????

There are no indications he is struggling financially. Therefore I stand by my original point that was arguing agains the idea that Kenny Miller doesn't have a pot to piss in. I initially argued against some highly improbably hypothetical argument by another poster. We can only deal in what we "know" and at the moment there is no indication that Miller has money troubles so to make excuses for him as that poster did holds no water with me. I have more respect for those arguments which say that at 4x his wages he would be stupid not to move. There is an position I can see and agree with.

Kenny Miller managed to see it purely from his own point of view. His agent seen it from his point of view. The board seen it from their point of view. Everyone saw things in terms of their own best interest aparts from us - we get caught in the dialogue about whether Kenny Miller or The Board's interests are more worthy, yet we (the royal we, the ones who actually cough up lots of money) pay all of their wages.

It's really not. It's perfectly sensible. Just because I don't think they will want to play for us, I think they should. We're the only team worth playing for.

We don't argue ;) But the case is not the same. The relationship I have with Pauline is different to the relationship I have with Rangers. Our job as fans is simple - to demand. All we can ever be, because we have no access to power, is a pressure group. That involves always seeing things in your own interest, even when in reality it can't/won't occur. Being reasonable is just seeing things from the point of view of someone else's reasoning.

PS I'm not sure I believe a word of what I'm saying, but it changes up the debate a bit.

You dont. Fact :D Ergo, I win.

Plus, I have to do some work before my flight.

The only thing that matters to us as fans, is Rangers and their best interests. I agree. So in that respect I personally think that a return by Kenny Miller would enhance our squad, therefore I would be happy to see him return - but only on a compensation package that Rangers can afford.