Gersnet Analysis: Our clubââ?¬â?¢s future ââ?¬â?? Can it be changed and by whom?

i agree with gribz, people are too sensitive. let everyone sing what they want, for my money. :|

Yeah to an extent - Freedom of speech and all that. :) But why people would want to sing Non-football songs at a football match is beyond me. It just brings up the nerd topic again that these nerds need to grow up.

Calscot, I think you've taken what I first put out of context, I think the Chairman etc are "partly" responsible for making the place quiet but not just coz the banning of the Billy Boys.

They allow the likes of Aberdeen fans to take all types of banners but here is Del the other day getting his removed!!! Then Aberdeen fans again get away with singing such dire of the Ibrox diaster, Durrants injury etc and not a thing gets done.

If we are going to get our own house in order then surely it applies to every human being who enters the ground no matter who they support. But to make it apply to your own fans only is dreadful management and contractionary. (sp)

Frankie, my point was that I don't think you can blame the board's attempts to clean up the song sheet for the lack of atmosphere and I agree with you that you can't blame the lack of atmosphere for poor football by what are reckoned to be pretty reasonable players and a well respected manager.

Murray is obviously only interested in selling up now, which will mean a tight budget aimed at keeping his share price high. I don't see any improvement as in cash coming from that area. Hopefully if we can get to xmas in europe it may give le Guen 1or 2 million for new players. What do you get for 1 or 2 mill? Probably more mediocrity, unless you can strike gold with a young upcoming player.

Le Guen does need more time, to call him a failure after 10 games is crazy.

Good players turn bad through a lack of confidence and i feel we just need a good run to get the confidence levels up. Maybe PLG iisn't really helping on that part with all his chopping and changing.

Fergie i don't rate him, never did and possibly never will but maybe i have been spoiled by watching Cruiff, Rijkaard, wouters, Sneijder and many others week in week out.

Gribz, I agree with your point more now with the extra detail.

But I do think it's ironic that many fans reaction to banning of the Billy Boys is "I'll do what I like", so why is it that when they get a bit of stick or injustice, they don't stand up and say, "no matter what you do to discourage me, I'll support my team with heart and voice." If they like to support the team, why aren't they "doing what I like"?

Le Guen does need more time, to call him a failure after 10 games is crazy

I don't think anyone is really calling PLG a failure just yet. But it has to be acknowledged that his first 10 league games have been a failure and one last minute win as the only points out of the last 4 games is pretty abysmal.

We should be better than now and nothing makes the fans even more frustrated than strange decisions when picking the team that backfire big time.

PLG needs to be given at least two seasons to get it right but he has to understand that at Rangers he will not be popular if those two seasons don't bring any success. Third place in the league is not acceptable for a team with considerably more resources than the rest of the league bar one.

He knew he'd have to hit the ground running with the job but instead he has been stumbling.

It is hard enough to manage Rangers without making what on the surface seem unjustified and unpopular decisions.

He needs to think again and realise that right now he's fire fighting. He has to get the basics all under control before making his "compex decisions".

I'm no football genius but what I would like to see to start with, till we're in calm water at least is:

A basic 4-4-2 system that all the players understand.

When you've got an in form player, play him.

When a player is playing well don't drop him.

When you need goals, play your top scorer.

That just seems like common sense to me. Once you've got the basics going it's time to tweak.

Its that common sense thing though which is strange and worrying as PLG seems to be making some of the same mistakes which AM did last year.

A basic 4-4-2 system that all the players understand.

When you've got an in form player, play him.

When a player is playing well don't drop him.

When you need goals, play your top scorer.

Exactly Calscot.

As for the leaadership, the closest we ever got to having a real effect on DM was last season after the worse run of results in our history. Then DM did sit up and take notice, only to turn round and do what he wanted anyway.

Frankie - do you think there are people with real money to invest in the playing staff who would buy Rangers just now? I'm assuming that the down-sizing has made it a more attractive prospect, but I've not seen much in the papers about prospective buyers.

I think some of the fans should fcuk off!!...Glory hunting bastards at the best of times!!

Le Guen is just in the job after a much heralded fanfare and these same punters want him ousted>>??...You could`nt give the press enough ammunition if you tried.

What about supporting the team..and also backing the manager in this time of need.

We all know Murray is a parasite that is destroying the club..however no one is willing to take on that mantle...so we either desert in our droves..go to the games and abuse the team and the manager at every turn..or start supporting and remember why we wanted Le Guen there in the first place....

Steve, I don't know who or where your outburst is aimed at but it seems out of kilter with the opinions of the thread.

I don't know many who are saying we should get rid of Le Guen, but here we're saying that he needs to correct the present situation and that making what seems like obviously negative decisions doesn't help our confidence in him.

I think we are all still behind him but it doesn't mean we have to like the recent results and some of his strange decisions which seem to be making matters worse.

I think we have the right to discuss it and ultimately the right to hold the good of the club above any of it's employees or its owner.

I've said before, I am loyal to Rangers FC first and foremost. Managers will come and go so they don't get the same kind of perpetual loyalty.

Le Guen has my loyalty for the moment, but how long that last depends on how he improves the results on the pitch.

I think being concerned about not keeping up with our equals and struggling against teams with far less resources is hardly glory hunting.

Perhaps you have less passion for the club and aren't too bothered when the team are doing badly, eh? ;)

Frankie - do you think there are people with real money to invest in the playing staff who would buy Rangers just now? I'm assuming that the down-sizing has made it a more attractive prospect, but I've not seen much in the papers about prospective buyers.

There are interested parties. However, as far as I'm aware, the price is too high for them to proceed at this stage.

Any negotiations will be drawn out affairs anyway so I can't see any new owner(s) being in charge this season unless something drastic happens.

It's not that people expect to make money through buying the club but at the same time they don't want to throw it away if you know what I mean. ;)

There are interested parties. However, as far as I'm aware, the price is too high for them to proceed at this stage.

Any negotiations will be drawn out affairs anyway so I can't see any new owner(s) being in charge this season unless something drastic happens.

It's not that people expect to make money through buying the club but at the same time they don't want to throw it away if you know what I mean. ;)

I would actually be disappointed if any potential suitors just turned to DM and said "ohhh, you want "x" million - no problem here you go" as that would indicate bad business acumen to me.

I would much prefer that they knock DM down but 5-10 million (not likely) and use that saved money for the youth development and team strengthening.

The thing is though - I don't think the team needs that much strengthening - again I think we have a squad that should be challenging Celtic - but we seem to have far too many under-achievers right now