The Whyte dissention camp lives on

The high-net worth community reporting no confirmed transfer budgets, key players still likely to be sold, managerial uncertainty and one specific agent appointed to handle transfers.

No doubt games are still being played by some so the forthcoming shareholder letter will be very interesting.

Can Whyte prove his financial credentials for once and for all so we can all move on out of this mess!?

Have the fan groups even met him yet?

Surely his financial credentials would have been "proved" during due diligence? I can see why others would be interested in continuing to stoke this particular fire but for the life of me, I cannot understand why someone who (laughably) calls himself Rangers' No 1 Fan, would fail to see that such chinese whispers only serve to destabilise and are not in the best interests of Rangers FC.

Edited by Kenzie1

There is also the fact that you can acquire good bosmans that may be better than expensive signings.

Yep, definitely! Having just re-read what I wrote in your quote, I should point out that I didn't mean the bosman market is dross, just that I hope we aren't limited to the lower quality (dross) end of the bosman market. There's always some cracking players available in that market, but the quality scale does slide right down into utter dross as well. Something which is quite common is that the more experienced side of the bosman market (say players over 24/25) is absolutely flooded with 30+ year olds and I really don't think that's what we need. Hopefully Ally doesn't gamble on experience and start bringing in 34/35 year olds again because for every Davie Weir

there's dozens and dozens of Christian Dailly's or worse.

Yep, definitely! Having just re-read what I wrote in your quote, I should point out that I didn't mean the bosman market is dross, just that I hope we aren't limited to the lower quality (dross) end of the bosman market. There's always some cracking players available in that market, but the quality scale does slide right down into utter dross as well. Something which is quite common is that the more experienced side of the bosman market (say players over 24/25) is absolutely flooded with 30+ year olds and I really don't think that's what we need. Hopefully Ally doesn't gamble on experience and start bringing in 34/35 year olds again because for every Davie Weir

there's dozens and dozens of Christian Dailly's or worse.

Yeah, I got what you were saying mate, I thought I'd swing in a more positive direction. Your last point is the most important area of Ally's potential/ability. Or the acid test; buying/acquiring players that can do the job and fit in well wit the established players already there. Some interesting times ahead for all of us!

On a slightly different note. If we do win the league and the orcs don't secure any outside investment, can we say Celtic will have went back a few years?

Your last point is the most important area of Ally's potential/ability. Or the acid test; buying/acquiring players that can do the job and fit in well wit the established players already there. Some interesting times ahead for all of us!

Well, we certainly can't expect every single signing Ally makes to be successful because that doesn't happen at any club, so we can't be too harsh if he brings in the odd player who doesn't cut it. All we can really hope for is that he does have some cash to spend soon and that he spends it as wisely as possible. Personally I'd rather he brought in quality than quantity. An initial injection of two or three cracking players would be better than 4 or 5 average players to my mind, but we'll have to wait and see what Ally and his assistants decide to do. I'm sure they'll at least try to get the right type of players in to give our squad a good balance.

Well, we certainly can't expect every single signing Ally makes to be successful because that doesn't happen at any club, so we can't be too harsh if he brings in the odd player who doesn't cut it. All we can really hope for is that he does have some cash to spend soon and that he spends it as wisely as possible. Personally I'd rather he brought in quality than quantity. An initial injection of two or three cracking players would be better than 4 or 5 average players to my mind, but we'll have to wait and see what Ally and his assistants decide to do. I'm sure they'll at least try to get the right type of players in to give our squad a good balance.

Absolutely mate. I also agree that I'd like 2-3 quality players brought in to augment the current starting 11. We have the nucleus of a good side, where one or two bosmans to beef up the squad alongside more established signings would see us in good stead.

Like everything in life though, success is not guaranteed.

Absolutely mate. I also agree that I'd like 2-3 quality players brought in to augment the current starting 11. We have the nucleus of a good side, where one or two bosmans to beef up the squad alongside more established signings would see us in good stead.

Yep! Two or three very good loan signings would be fine as well I think.

Would you not think that most of decent Bosmans would already have their future sorted ?

Yes

Anyway Bosmans way to set the future Mr Whyte...

There are some decent bosmans but still where is the �£5m/�£10m that was talked about?

Smoke and mirrors again.

Guest bigbob

frankie you got your info from dave king paul murray and douglas park who will probally still mad that they did not get the club.

frankie you got your info from dave king paul murray and douglas park who will probally still mad that they did not get the club.

There you go, Frankie. And you thought that you got it from someone else. :D