Bartley for �£1.5m?

Few people saying that Wenger will allow Bartley to go for �£1.5m.

I hope Ally has been on the phone to Wenger already.

Who's been mentioning the figures? Sounds like a decent deal. Hopefully the injury situation improves with age as is often the case.

I don't believe this rumour btw because there's absolutely nothing about this on the Arsenal newswires or in any Arsenal transfer rumours and I don't mean just today, I mean AT ALL.

I think he's a very good player and I'd like us to sign him, but if we paid �£1.5m I would consider it as pushing the boat out because Arsenal release players of Bartley's quality every year. Arsenal have almost 50 (yes, 50!!) players in their reserve squad which is where Bartley is now and only a very small percentage break through to get regular games for the 1st team. At the end of the day I wouldn't complain if we spent some cash on Bartley, not at all. We need a good centre half and Bartley fits the bill, but I can't help thinking that the guy just wants to play football and doesn't care where it is. I don't read much into him saying he'd like to come back to us on loan because he said exactly the same thing after his first loan spell with the blades. The guy just wants to play football rather than rot in the reserves at Arsenal and I wonder where he'd choose to play his football if he was a free agent. Would he come back up to Glasgow? Maybe, maybe not....