Villa appoint McLeish as manager.

Why oh why oh why? Why employ someone who just relegated an EPL team? What a fuck up.

I give Villa 2 seasons before they're relegated to The Championship. Eck might start well but once he signs his own players they'll rapidly go downhill.......to The Championship.

Looking forward to see Eck have another relegation on his CV.

I hope he does well for Villa and think he will, the Birmingham board signed players he didn't want and blamed him for it. He won them their first cup since 1963, qualified for Europe and only got relegated on the last day of the season.

Good luck Eck.........

I don't understand why he has put himself in this position.

I cannot see Learner wanting to replace another manager in the near future, yet the fans don't want you.

Talk about a rock and a hard place, I do wish him luck, if only to shut these AV supporters up.

I do love Gavs obsession with him

He had to leave brum, the board started signing players for him. Putting random coaches on the training ground. Sacking the head scout. Promising him 80 million and spending about 25 over 2 years. He identified targets like pav, Zamora, dembele and Robbie keane. All were about to sign til the board backed away. He hasn't spent much money yet has still brought in some quality with Hart, Foster, Dann, Johnson, Gardner and Ferguson. Out with Hart, that lot cost 18 million, now worth almost double that.

It's a bold move but Lerner seems one of the best chairmen to work with and I think he will do well there.

Obsession because I started a thread about him? If that's the critieria to meet to have an obsession then I've got thousands of obsessions.

McLeish has also signed some absolute dumplings for Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers and Birmingham. I don't expect the trend to stop now he's at Villa. Zigic anyone? McFadden anyone?

As for him having to leave Birmingham.....there's two sides to every story. I often think people tell lies to cover themselves.

Obsession because I started a thread about him? If that's the critieria to meet to have an obsession then I've got thousands of obsessions.

McLeish has also signed some absolute dumplings for Hibs, Motherwell, Rangers and Birmingham. I don't expect the trend to stop now he's at Villa. Zigic anyone? McFadden anyone?

As for him having to leave Birmingham.....there's two sides to every story. I often think people tell lies to cover themselves.

Name me a manager who hasn't made bad signings, that's football. Point is it should always be the managers choice who he signs otherwise you undermine his vision for the club. Notice how Brum are still signing players without a manager?? How does that work!

I don't mind McLeish even if he did sign some of the worst players that I have seen at Rangers in my lifetime. Why he would put himself in this position I don't know. The owner is also a bit of a tit for doing this, maybe because McLeish won a trophy the owner thinks he might do it again.

The Villa fans will be interesting to watch, can't see him lasting 6 months.

Ignoring the rather undignified manner which he's walked out his last 2 jobs...

Eck seems to have the same effect on every club he goes to. He gives them a new lease of life which lasts a season or two, before a downward spiral into a pit of oblivion.

It happened with Hibs, us, and now Birmingham. He wasn't at Scotland long enough to go downhill.

I can't say I'm terribly fond of the way he conducts himself these days, and I remember how agonising his media performances for us were when things started to go awry.

Add to that the fact I really don't like Villa and I hope they go down. But he'll probably have a good first season as he usually does.