Gers make Goodwillie approach

I'm not overly thrilled about Goodwillie. There is no denying he's a good player, and deserved YPOTY, but somehow I don't feel signing him should be that high on our list of priorities.

I do think he's worth 2M, but I'm just not that bothered if we don't get him.

I think with Goodwillie there is a good bit of potential. He has pace, an eye for goal and decent technique. Temperment-wise is where I'd worry. He seems to be the kind of guy that would enjoy hitting the town and that is bound to cause him problems as a more high profile player. And given his recent past re the alleged rape, he doesn't have his problems to seek, not lease as the case hasn't been concluded either way. It seems way too risky a proposition for me

So, late last night Skysports released news saying it 'understands Rangers have made a formal approach for Dundee Utd striker David Goodwillie', then this afternoon they're saying there's been no bid for the player and that 'Peter Houston has suggested striker David Goodwillie is too expensive for Rangers'.

We'll that blows any misguided ideas about �£10m or �£12m warchests firmly out of the water then.... Not that I ever believed that nonsense in the first place right enough.

Edited by Zappa
typo

There is no denying he's a good player, and deserved YPOTY

He might be ginger and oirish, but tbh I'd say Rooney at ICT maybe had a better season than Goodwillie.

I'm guessing all that's happened is we've officially asked United how much their valuation of the player is and over the next few days will either open negotiations or not. The Houston comment I saw could be taken either of two ways depending how you want to spin it.

On one hand it could be used to infer the price was too expensive because we're skint. On the other it could actually just mean that we think he's over-priced.

Guest Dutchy

It's the usual wrangling with transfers. They want as much as they can get and we want him for as little as we can. I'm sure if we want him, we will meet the asking price. The problem is if a club down south comes in. United would rather he went south that to Rangers, I'd say, as well as the chance of them getting more cash for him.